Hammer of the Gods - Play Online
DOS - 1994
For small DOS games like Hammer of the Gods, you can play online immediately with your browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer...). This feature is still experimental, the game may not work properly. Warning: game save should work, but you should try it early! Also, be careful to select the right game executable in the list below.
You have to choose the right game executable, then press PLAY.
To exit fullscreen mode, press escape. Playing experience can be poor due to your browser or your computer. Download Hammer of the Gods and launch it with DOSBox to have the best playing experience!
If the game is too fast or too slow, try hitting CTRL-F11 (slower) and CTRL-F12 (faster).
For those of you who wants to try playing this game in your browser, here's how I did it:
1. Under GAME VERSION, select "hammer-of-the-gods.zip"
2. Under GAME EXECUTABLE, select "HAMMER/HAMGAM.EXE"
3. Click "Start"
4. After the game archive has loaded, the DOSBOX screen will appear briefly, followed by the emulator trying to execute HAMGAM.EXE. It will fail (which is fine!), leading you to a screen that says "Please insert the Hammer of the Gods CD" and a prompt.
5. Enter the command "subst t: ." - that's "subst", followed by a space, followed by "T:", followed by another space, and then a full-stop/period. Upon execution, you should see the message "Drive T is mounted as local directory /emulator/c/HAMMER".
6. At the next prompt, enter the command "hammer".
That's it! Enjoy the game :)
anyone get this to run in their browser?
Write a comment
Share your tips to run properly Hammer of the Gods in your browser: best browser to use, specific DOSBox config... You can drop a comment for anything too!
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: