DOS - 1993
Description of In Extremis
In 1993, U.S. Gold Ltd. publishes In Extremis, a horror, sci-fi / futuristic, shooter, fps game for the DOS system. Offering action genre, it is now an abandonware.
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
Crazy Redd 2017-02-14 0 point
A few more tips worth mentioning.
-Saving your game is done via password system. Passwords are provided at check points, at the start of some new floors. (Be careful that you don't accidentally dismiss a password text box, with rapid key strokes when stepping off the elevator.)
HUD and Inventory
- Upper Green Bar: This is your oxygen. Your oxygen will slowly deplete over time. You may find additional oxygen tanks for when your oxygen gets dangerously low. You may hold two tanks at a time, and swap them as needed.
- Lower Green Bar: This is your health. Replenish with single use syringes. Two syringes may be held at a time.
- Key cards: There are two types of key cards.
- Elevator cards (E###), are used in elevators to access new floors.
- Computer cards (C###), are used to access particular computers. (C cards are a guess & check process in finding the correct machine.)
- Only three cards may be held at a time, which means that you need to keep track of which cards are old, and safe to discard in exchange for a newer and more relevant card. (Yay.) If you screw up and need a discarded key card back, you may return to the computer that you swapped it at, and retrieve it.
- Bombs: There are infinite enemy generators in some rooms. The only way to destroy these generators is with a bomb. You may hold one bomb at a time. Stand close to the generator, and active the bomb from your inventory, and you will have only a few seconds to get out of the blast range. If you manage not to blow yourself to kingdom come, you will enjoy the resulting fireworks.
- Weapons: You may only hold one weapon at a time. Weapons are found within locked wall chambers. Enter the floor code into the lock and you will be given the option to swap weapons. Your old weapon and ammo count will be retained inside this locker if you need it back.
Crazy Redd 2017-02-14 0 point
LISTEN UP! This took me some time to solve, so I'll save the next marooned cosmonaut some trouble.
- First, set "cycles=fixed 7800". This should address both game speed, and the sound cut out problem.
- Second, the controls are NOT broken. Don't use your main arrow keys, but rather your NUMPAD arrow keys, and space bar to operate the menu. Go to the options menu and set the following control scheme. (Note:Fire/Interact is how you select menu options.)
DO NOT set WASD movement. ("S" is unalterably set to toggle sound, by default. Setting S as a movement will cancel out with the sound toggle command, and the key will do nothing.)
-Some Other commands:
S=Toggle Sound (Of course)
F=Toggle Floor/Ceiling Textures
;=Map (If you have a security card)
You must interact with wall mounter computers to obtain items and pass codes. Each floor has a corresponding pass code, to access all of the computers on that floor. Obtain each floor's pass code from a computer located on each preceding floor. The first code to get you stared was in the game's manual. The first floor's code is I.J.E.K.A.H.
Sorry if any of this info turns out to be incorrect. Good luck!
anna 2014-04-07 -1 point DOS version
Really bad movement. can hardly move atl all when i configured the keys.
Meh 2011-07-09 0 point DOS version
NVM, DOSBOX likes to set cpu cycles to max for some reason. You need to manually edit dosbox conf and set the cpu cycles to a fixed amount.
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run In Extremis, read the abandonware guide first!
Download In Extremis
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentations when possible. If the manual is missing and you own the original manual, please contact us!
Just one click to download at full speed!