Snoopy vs. the Red Baron
Windows - 2006
Description of Snoopy vs. the Red Baron
Snoopy vs. the Red Baron is a video game published in 2006 on Windows by Namco Bandai Games America Inc.. It's an action game, set in a flight, shooter and licensed title themes.
How to play Snoopy vs. the Red Baron Windows
The game with NoCD has been tested on Windows 7 64-bit, works fine. If you have troubles with running the game on modern systems - check our Notes
Install & play guide:
- Mount the disc image. You will need the utility for mounting disc image files, like WinCDEmu, UltraISO, Alcohol 52%/Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools Lite
- Install the game - click on "Install on Hard Drive" in autorun menu
- Also it is recommended to install DirectX 9 from the disc (if you're using Windows 10 - enable DirectPlay, read this or this guide how to do it)
- After you installed the game - install NoCD (simply copy SRB.exe from the archive and put it into the directory with installed game, replace original SRB.exe)
- Open the directory with the game and find SRB.exe. Right click on SRB.exe - Properties - Compatibility - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows XP" and "Run as administrator"
- Launch the game and play. If the game doesn't work in compatibility mode with Windows XP - try to launch it in compatibility mode with other version of Windows (98, 2000 or Vista)
- If the installation doesn't start - try to launch Setup.exe in compatibility mode with old version of Windows (98, 2000 or XP)
- NoCD is required for the launch because the game is using SafeDisc DRM protection, which doesn't work on modern systems. That NoCD "breaks" DRM protection and allows the game to work on modern systems
- The game works on DirectX 9, so if you're using Windows 8, 8.1, 10 or 11 - you need to enable DirectPlay: Go to Control Panel, and select 'Programs'. Select 'Turn Windows features on and off', click on 'Legacy Components' and check the box 'DirectPlay'. Select OK, once the installation is done, restart your computer
- It is recommended to install old versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for the correct work of the game
- Also it is recommended to install RAD Video Tools and K-Lite Codec Pack for the correct work of in-game videos
- If the installer shows error "The game was installed before but not deleted properly" - open Registry Edit (regedit.exe), go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/NAMCO BANDAI GAMESand delete
Snoopy vs. the Red Baronsubfolder. After that run the installation again, it should work
- If you have troubles with running the game on Windows 7 and newer OS - try to run it through dgVoodoo utility (copy the dll-files from the MS/x86 folder, dgVoodooCpl.exe and dgVoodoo.conf to the game folder, then launch the game from SRB.exe; to change dgVoodoo settings - open dgVoodooCpl.exe). Please note that your graphics card must support DirectX 9
- For users of Windows 64-bit systems: if the game doesn't work after you launched it - open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del by default) and check for processes SRB.exe and rundll32.exe. Close SRB.exe but don't touch rundll32.exe (it's a Windows app for running old apps from 32-bit operational systems, most old games running through rundll32.exe). Now try to launch the game again, it must work. Don't forget to close rundll32.exe process in Task Manager after finishing playing
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
There is no comment nor review for this game at the moment.
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Snoopy vs. the Red Baron (Windows) , read the abandonware guide first!
Download Snoopy vs. the Red Baron
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Various files to help you run Snoopy vs. the Red Baron, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: