Windows - 1997
Description of Chessmaster 5500
Chessmaster 5500 is a video game published in 1997 on Windows by Mindscape, Inc.. It's a strategy game, set in a board / party game, chess and turn-based themes.
How to play Chessmaster 5500 Windows
The game contains a suspicious
openedit.exe file, which triggers lots of antiviruses. It could be the original file, but it's best to run this in a virtual machine to avoid risks.
Chessmaster 5500 crashes constantly on Windows XP and later because of a sound incompatibility; the changes below prevent these crashes:
- Disable unsupported features • Link
- Go to the installation folder.
- Delete the sounds folder.
- Edit cmsound.ini
- Change sounds=voice to sounds=simplified OR sounds=none
- Change InfoVoice=1 to InfoVoice=0
- Change IVAVoice=1 to IVAVoice=0
- Change NLAVoice=1 to NLAVoice=0
- Change TutorialVoice=1 to TutorialVoice=0
- Save your changes.
Interface is offset:
- Set Windows 95 compatibility mode • Link
- Right-click Cm5500.exe or one of its shortcuts.
- Choose Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Enable Compatibility mode and choose Windows 95.
- Click OK.
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Chessmaster 5500 (Windows), read the abandonware guide first!
Download Chessmaster 5500
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Various files to help you run Chessmaster 5500, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: