James Bond 007: Nightfire
Windows - 2002
Also available on: Mac
Description of James Bond 007: Nightfire
2002, the year James Bond 007: Nightfire was released on Windows, as well as Mac. Made by Gearbox Software LLC and published by Electronic Arts, Inc., this action game is available for free on this page.
How to play James Bond 007: Nightfire Windows
The game with patch 1.1, NoCD and unofficial patch has been tested on Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 10, works fine. You may experience some small troubles when you play the game on modern systems, check our Guide and Notes for details
Install & play guide:
- Mount the disc image. You will need the utility for mounting disc image files, like WinCDEmu, UltraISO, Alcohol 52%/Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools Lite
- Launch the installation (if autorun doesn't work - simply launch the installation from Setup.exe inside the disc)
- When the installation process will ask for CD2 - mount the disc image of CD2. CD2 must be mounted in same virtual drive as CD1, so first un-mount disc image of CD1 and then mount the disc image of CD2. In example, if CD1 was in virtual drive G:, CD2 must be mounted in virtual drive G: as well
- You can skip GameSpy installation, since GameSpy servers doesn't work anymore
- Ignore EA Registration window at the end of installation, click "Register later"
- Also it is recommended to install DirectX 9 from the disc (if you're using Windows 10 - enable DirectPlay, read this or this guide how to do it)
- Once you installed the game - install the patch 1.1
- After that install NoCD for version 1.1 (simply copy files from the archive and put it into directory with installed game, agree to replace original files)
- Then install unofficial patch by NightfirePC community. The installer will ask to launch the game one time, to locate the game directory
- (If you're installing non-English version - use Lite version of unofficial patch)
- After you installed the game with patches - open the directory with the game and find Bond.exe and Bond2.exe. Right click on both exe-files - Properties - Compatibility - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows XP" and "Run as administrator"
- Launch the game from desktop shortcut or Start menu, the launcher of unofficial patch will open. If you're connected to the Internet - it will automatically updated to the latest version. Click on wrench icon in launcher if you want to change the settings
- Select the settings in the launcher and play. If the game doesn't work in compatibility mode with Windows XP - try to launch it in compatibility mode with other version of Windows (Windows 95, 98, 2000, etc.)
Optionally, if you don't know how to install all of that - you can download repack from Magipack, simple installer that includes English version of the game with unofficial patch
- If the installation doesn't start - try to launch Setup.exe in compatibility mode with old version of Windows (98, 2000 or XP)
- NoCD is required for the launch because the game is using SafeDisc DRM protection, which doesn't work on modern systems. That NoCD "breaks" DRM protection and allows the game to work on modern systems
- The game works on DirectX 9, so if you're using Windows 8, 8.1, 10 or 11 - you need to enable DirectPlay: Go to Control Panel, and select 'Programs'. Select 'Turn Windows features on and off', click on 'Legacy Components' and check the box 'DirectPlay'. Select OK, once the installation is done, restart your computer
- It is recommended to install all versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for the correct work of the game
- Also it is recommended to install RAD Video Tools and K-Lite Codec Pack for the correct work of the game
- Unofficial patch by NightfirePC adds the compatibility with modern systems, fixes many bugs, plus adds the support for widescreen and high resolutions. Also, with that patch you can play the game in multiplayer after GameSpy closing. For more information visit NightfirePC website
- Unofficial patch requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 installed on your system, you can download it from Microsoft website
- If you're installing unofficial patch on non-English version - use Lite version. Also, some text in multiplayer game probably will be changed for English, but singleplayer game should stay the same, with no changes
- With unofficial patch you can select the custom FOV (Field of View). If you want to change FOV - read this guide
- By default the game's framerate is capped at 100 FPS, and sometimes if the game works on more than 110 FPS, it can break. If you have any bugs, like sudden death, try to lock the framerate at 100 FPS. You can do it by editing of config-files, read this guide
- Don't forget to check PCGamingWiki page if you have troubles
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
Raven_04 2023-09-20 2 points Windows version
The game might work well on modern pc's i have to admit it, and thanks for the upload but holly hell the AI is dumb as f*ck .It was always like this? I dont know why i liked this game so much when i was a kid.
percy 2023-09-08 1 point Windows version
sadly this is not the same version as PS2, emulation is the only way to play that version on PC other than that who knows maybe someday someone will de-compile it and make a PC port, very far fetch but a man can dream.
admin 2023-07-19 3 points
We updated the game, added more language versions, plus patches, fixes, etc. Also we added Mac version
TedTris 2023-07-16 1 point
Installed on a Windows PC and copied to a Steam deck, it works perfectly fine on the deck with the default proton settings!
Just need to adjust the controls (mouse-wasd emulation on gamepad)!
Viner 2002 2022-09-10 -14 points
I have found some secrets of this game.
Subscribe & Share
Warlord 2022-07-05 -13 points
Who are they kidding He does on even look like Sean Connery! Who i have only seen in Indiana Jones and the last crusade(i don't think he's in any of the other Movies but it is good to be specific
james 2022-07-03 -1 point
this game runs great on windows xp using this version of xp and gma modded drivers https://archive.org/details/windowsxpsp3professionalliteforgamingnokeypreactivated
on a dell mini 9 atom n270 1.60ghz 2gb ram
Jam3s007 2022-04-20 6 points
guys... just download the community patched version of Nightfire PC from below. It removes all of the extra work involved with getting the game running and a few extra features (skipping intro cut-scenes, etc.)
IGamer 2022-03-23 2 points
I have the disk 1 owned, but I can't find the second. Do I still need the patch?
poneshot 2021-09-01 3 points
install main game.
apply unofficial patch (by runnig crack).
run game and update to latest patch (requires online connection to nightfirepc.com).
run game and play.
bugi 2021-07-26 4 points
Here's a Tutorial for 007 Nightfire Installation
1) Install Daemon Tools Lite
2) Download the 007 Nightfire iso from this website
3) Download the "NoCD" patch as well (also on this site)
4) Mount 007 Nightfire Disc into a Virtual Drive
5) Open the setup wizard inside the Iso
6) Proceed to set up and install 007 Nightfire
7) When it asks you to "Insert Disc 2", Open the Daemon Tools program, Eject the current 007 disc 1 & replace it with Disc 2. As an alternative, You can also eject via "This PC (On Windows) & eject the desired drive.
8) Proceed to install
9) Replace Disc 2 with Disc 1 again, Then Proceed
10) Ignore the GameSpy service, as it is currently shut down
11) Once you completed the installation, Open the NoCD Patch & put it in the 007 Nightfire root folder.
12) Duh nuh, DA NUH!!! (007 song lyrics lol)
13) Enjoy :)
Hope this helps somebody out!
TheDude 2021-01-04 0 point
this game says it isnt here anymore. both download links show a 404 screen :(
EmulationNation 2020-11-04 0 point
Tested on Windows 10 with both Intel and Nvidia GPU all seems ok.
Game additct 2020-08-31 0 point
Used to play it when I was kid, still it is nice to play it now, awesome game, it has replay value.
est93 2020-08-13 0 point
Id like to thank @myabondonware for adding this title:). if anyone is interested in playing the multiplayer still the patch can be found at nightfirepc.com :)
Broski88 2020-06-29 -6 points
I'm sorry, I'm extremely new to this, how do I launch the game after install?
KanjoTaz 2020-04-21 0 point
For those with issues after updating to 1.1. Don't use the supplied crack, find the one by "Fairlight". I tested it on Win 10 Pro 64bit. Works fine. *cough*gamecopyworld*cough* ... ahem... ;)
Pee pance 2020-04-12 2 points
I used to play this and did the multiplay through I think gamespy.
I joined my first clan in this and talked to much sh*t with text chat as an 11 year old lmao
red mohawk 2020-03-27 -3 points
mano,chegou em certa parte do jogo, e ele desconfigurou todo, e quando eu resetei as configurações de controles, perdi o eixo Y da mira...agora ele movimenta pra frente e pra tras...alguem sabe como conserta?
ElsieIsAGamer 2019-06-18 -5 points
Which is recommended for me to download the ripped version or the iso verison?
Gin 2019-05-19 19 points
Remember guys, this is not the same 007 Nightfire found on Gamecube, Xbox, or PS2. This was the PC version developed by a different company under EA and released at the same time as the console version of Nightfire to cash in on the PC Market.
This means this game does not have the driving sections, and many of the level designs and elements are completely different.
Despcatiti 2019-02-18 -4 points
Hey fellas its asking me to insert CD2 and obviously I don't have any CDs. What do I do smh
est93 2018-11-16 1 point
Hey guys for those interested in playing multiplayer, you can find a updated game copy here http://nightfirepc.com/downloads/. There are still a few servers up and a few players :)
Enterprise 2018-08-11 1 point
it would have been even better if they included the driving levels in the pc version as they did on the ps2 and xbox and game cube but still a good game
BestGamer16 2018-07-09 1 point
I like very much nightfire.Mission 1 is very easy
I had pass mission 1 with drake's castle and drake.
VanillaGorillaNV 2018-06-15 0 point
This was one of my favorite games on the ps2 and the pc as well even though I only played 2 missions on the pc version. Thank you for having this game!
swordmasterg 2018-04-15 0 point
I enjoyed the first mission even though it had its problems but I couldn't get past the third mission due to the place be such a fucking maze, I spent like 30 minutes trying to find the bedroom and just gave up.
I also didn't think this was a good stealth game, enemies were placed like they were in half life. Giving you zero time to react, even the second mission, which was meh. Was way to big, but I did have fun.
BigBob 2018-02-16 7 points
This is among the top games available at MyAbandonware. Many reviewers claim it's the best James Bond game of all time, even better than Goldeneye for its more advanced graphics and, especially, its story and immersion. Playing James Bond 007 Nightfire is like being Bond himself and the action ranges through stealth, puzzle solving, and espionage. Unlike other Bond games, and the newer movies, he's a spy here and not a mass murderer. Players use gadgets, and vehicles in the console version, nearly as much as weapons to complete various missions all around the globe. Plenty of Bond girls, too. I've owned both the Playstation 2 and PC versions on retail disks and can't over-emphasize how good this game is for FPS fans. One movie reviewer has even suggested Nightfire would make a great return of classic Bond in cinema.
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run James Bond 007: Nightfire (Windows) , read the abandonware guide first!
Download James Bond 007: Nightfire
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Various files to help you run James Bond 007: Nightfire, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.
Visit MacintoshGarden for more information about Mac version and how to run it
Various files to help you run James Bond 007: Nightfire, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: