Disney•Pixar A Bug's Life
Windows - 1999
Description of Disney•Pixar A Bug's Life
Description from the publisher:
Based on the animated film, A Bug's Life is an epic game of miniature proportions. The story follows the exciting adventures of a misfit ant named Flik as he tries to save his colony from a greedy gang of grasshoppers led by Hopper. As Flik, you travel through fully interactive 3D environments brought to life with cinematic quality animation, smooth controls, and challenging puzzles. Get ready for a bug's-eye-view in an incredible and fast-paced adventure.
How to play Disney•Pixar A Bug's Life Windows
Install & play guide:
- Mount the disc image. You will need the utility for mounting disc image files, like WinCDEmu, UltraISO, Alcohol 52%/Alcohol 102% or Daemon Tools Lite
- Install the game
- Also it is recommended to install DirectX from the disc (inside the disc image in "Setup" - "DirectX" folder)
- Launch the game and play. If the game doesn't run - open the directory with the game and find bugs.exe. Right click on bugs.exe - Properties - Compatibility - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000 or Windows XP" (try different compatibility modes, the game has troubles with launch on 64-bit systems).
- Also try to launch the game, then open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del by default) and check for processes bugs.exe and rundll32.exe. Close bugs.exe but don't touch rundll32.exe (it's a Windows app for running old apps from 32-bit operational systems, most old games running through rundll32.exe). Now try to launch the game again, it must work. Don't forget to close rundll32.exe process in Task Manager after finishing playing.
- By default the max resolution of the game is 640x480, use dgVoodoo app to run it in higher resolution. If the game doesn't want to run under dgVoodoo - use fixed .exe file by emanuelect
- The game has been tested on Windows 7 64-bit, it works
- For unknown reasons, the game doesn't work if any of your drives has "D:" letter in it. To run the game go to Disk Management and make sure none of drives has name "D:". Here's the guide how to do that
- Also, if your game doesn't see the mounted disc image and shows "Please insert A Bug's Life CD", try to mount the disc image to virtual drive "D:" (you can change the name of virtual drive inside mounting utility or through Disk Management)
- If you're using Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 - do NOT try to run the game with compatibility mode, the game will freeze your system
- If you still have troubles with launch - try to run the game through DOSBox or PCem with mounted Windows 95/Windows 98 OS
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Disney•Pixar A Bug's Life (Windows), read the abandonware guide first!
Download Disney•Pixar A Bug's Life
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Various files to help you run Disney•Pixar A Bug's Life, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: