Dark Disciples 2
Windows - 2009
Description of Dark Disciples 2
From the defunct DodgySoft website:
DD2 is, unsurprisingly, the sequel to DD1. The look and feel is therefore similar to that of the first game. However a number of significant improvments have been made to the game system:
DD2 features a new story line (unconnected to that of DD1). It takes place over 4 continents and ~130 levels.
- The game features non linear gameplay - feel free to explore (there are tons of side missions, secret areas and off the beaten track oddities to discover).
- There is now a proper skill system. There are 11 skills available from Pick Locks, to Dual Weapons to Curse to Gemlore.
- Monster AI has also be greatly improved (DD2 uses the A* pathfinding algorithm).
- Monsters now have proper abilities (called 'powers'): they can shoot arrows and cast spells.
- Speaking of arrows, missile combat has been implemented in DD2 (there were no missile weapons in DD1).
- Also new is mp3 quality music (if you choose to download the 'music pack').
- The level editor is more useful and much better laid out. It's now possible to completely design your own campaign using the editor, inclusing importing new item, tile and monster pics.
- A Bag of Holding has been implemented - characters can now carry twice as much once they have purchased the bag.
- There are also 'super' monsters: 3x3 tiles in size!
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
Athanasius 2018-12-01 2 points
Really good game, very immersive and captivating if you give it a chance. It's a real RPG, with different solutions for many problems based on your character's abilities. It features a giant world with different climates and cultures. It has very interesting puzzles and a well done RPG-system where you can specialize your character very individually. Combat is fun and well done as well. I totally recommand this game to very RPG-fan. It managed to get me busy for many weeks last year.
jast 2018-03-14 1 point
There are two campaigns for DD2 http://ancient-architects.com/?page_id=117 particularly Temple of Infinity is very well crafted
Quido 2017-10-24 2 points
Try this app for windows mode, also all the sluggishness under Win10 is solved by it. There is a special configuration file for DD2 in the export folder, just import it and set the proper path to your exe file. It works :-)
sKipper 2016-11-22 1 point
The game runs very sluggishly for me. Each click or button press takes 2-3 seconds to respond. Anyone else facing the same problem? I am running Windows 10.
Valhallen 2016-11-17 1 point
Just started playing, and despite this game being rather old, and old looking. It's very enjoyable and has some amusing parts to it.
I'm looking at you Elder Jam Horror.
Quido 2015-08-22 2 points
This shuld be a new site for DD, but there is no real content, only text info, partly copied from the old web.. The stuff is no more downloadable.. :-( It's a pity, both DD1 and DD2 are great games!
The Architect 2015-08-18 2 points
DD2 was originally programmed by Laurens Lafebre, but he has moved on to other endeavors now.
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Dark Disciples 2 (Windows), read the abandonware guide first!
Download Dark Disciples 2
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: