Need for Speed: Carbon
Windows - 2006
Description of Need for Speed: Carbon
Description from the publisher:
What starts in the city is settled in the canyons as Need for Speed Carbon immerses you in the world's most dangerous and adrenaline-filled form of street racing. You and your crew must race in an all-out war for the city, risking everything to take over your rivals' neighborhoods one block at a time. As the police turn up the heat, the battle ultimately shifts to Carbon Canyon, where territories and reputations can be lost on every perilous curve. With online racing and the most advanced graphics and car customization tools ever, this ultimate racing game delivers the next generation of customization giving you the power to design and tweak your crew's cars in every way using the ground-breaking new Autosculpt technology
We recommend you to install the Collector's Edition of the game. The Collector's Edition of Need for Speed: Carbon includes the following additions:
- Four new cars: 2006 Chevrolet Camaro Concept, 2007 Jaguar XK, 2006 Koenigsegg CCX, 1992 Nissan 240SX
- Ten pre-tuned versions of existing cars
- Extra events: six new races and three challenge series, including drift courses in the city
- Ten new vinyl kits
- Bonus DVD with a behind-the-scenes feature about the cars, environments, characters and actors, and the Need for Speed AV Wars Remix Project, a collection of six audiovisual remixes based on the game
Need for Speed: Carbon still has very active fan community, you can find many mods for the game on fansites like NFSAddons, NFSCars, NFSMods and many other fan websites and communities. Also, check GamePressure for some gameplay and graphics mods
How to play Need for Speed: Carbon Windows
Collector's Edition of the game with patch 1.4 and NoDVD has been tested on Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 10, works fine. We recommend to install US release of Collector's Edition since it has more content and most mods & fixes are based on that version. Both repacks features all content from Collector's Edition.
Check our Guide and Notes for more details
Install & play guide (for Collector's Edition):
- Mount the disc image. You will need the utility for mounting disc image files, like WinCDEmu, UltraISO, Alcohol 52%/Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools Lite
- Install the game (if autorun doesn't work - simply launch the installation from Setup.exe inside the disc). Ignore registration window, click "Register later"
- Also it is recommended to install DirectX 9 from the disc (if you're using Windows 10 - enable DirectPlay, read this or this guide how to do it)
- After that install patch v1.4 for Collector's Edition
- Then install NoDVD (simply copy NFSC.exe from the archive and put it into game directory, replacing original NFSC.exe)
- Optionally install Widescreen fix (instructions inside the archive)
- Open the directory with the game and find NFSC.exe. Right click on NFSC.exe - Properties - Compatibility - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows XP SP3" and "Run as administrator"
- Launch the game and play. If the game doesn't work in compatibility mode with Windows XP - try to launch it in compatibility mode with other version of Windows (98, 2000 or Vista)
Here's also video guide by 77Vids
- If the installation doesn't start - try to launch Setup.exe in compatibility mode with old version of Windows (98, 2000 or XP)
- NoDVD is required for the launch because the game is using SafeDisc DRM protection, which doesn't work on modern systems. That NoCD "breaks" DRM protection and allows the game to work on modern systems
- The game works on DirectX 9, so if you're using Windows 8, 8.1, 10 or 11 - you need to enable DirectPlay: Go to Control Panel, and select 'Programs'. Select 'Turn Windows features on and off', click on 'Legacy Components' and check the box 'DirectPlay'. Select OK, once the installation is done, restart your computer
- It is recommended to install all versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for the correct work of the game
- Also it is recommended to install RAD Video Tools and K-Lite Codec Pack for the correct work of in-game videos
- Patch v1.4 includes the content of all previous patches, but if you have troubles with installation of patch v1.4 - try to install patch v1.3 first, and then install patch v1.4 over it. All patches are available here
- By default the game works only in 4:3 screen resolution but you can run the game by using Widescreen fix by ThirteenAG. Simply copy files from the archive and put them into main game directory. Then open NFSCarbon.WidescreenFix.ini in Notepad and change
ResY =to your screen resolution. For example, if you have 1920x1080 display, make
ResX = 1920and
ResY = 1080
- Some of graphical mods, like HD Reflections mod, are using dinput8.dll from Widescreen fix as a base. If you want to play with both HD Reflections and Widescreen - leave only the newest dinput8.dll
- Extra Options is a mod that adds various new settings, including debug mode, and fixes some game bugs
- If you want to play with controller - check PCGamingWiki guide for instructions
- Check PCGamingWiki guide for modifications, there's a lot of mods that can enhance game's graphics and improve gameplay, like HD textures, vinyls, quality HD in-game videos, etc. Also, check GamePressure to find some gameplay and graphics mods
- For users of Windows 64-bit systems: if the game doesn't work after you launched it - open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del by default) and check for processes NFSC.exe and rundll32.exe. Close NFSC.exe but don't touch rundll32.exe (it's a Windows app for running old apps from 32-bit operational systems, most old games running through rundll32.exe). Now try to launch the game again, it must work. Don't forget to close rundll32.exe process in Task Manager after finishing playing
- Don't forget to check PCGamingWiki page if you have troubles, it is very useful!
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
admin 2023-03-22 0 point
@HAPPY - add NFSC.exe in antivirus exceptions. If it didn't work - check if you installed the game in C:/Program Files directory. Sometimes antiviruses block any file replacements in "Program Files" directory. In that case reinstall the game in some other non-system folder, like C:/Games
@ORIONAS Checked French version with patch and NoDVD just right now, everything worked fine. Make sure that you installed the patch and then NoDVD. Also, install all Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable versions, and K-Lite Codec Pack, it should help
crazy dude 800 90 million 2023-03-21 0 point
ELLO ALL THSI GAME ISEPIC IT HAS ALL NFSC LIKE EVERY SINGLE DETAIL LIKE U SHOULD PLAY IT (RECOMMENDED)
Orionas 2023-03-21 0 point
Hello support i have a problem with the need for speed : carbon french version. When the game is on EA logo. The game closed himself
Mexmox6562 2023-03-14 2 points
FINALLY THEY ADDED THIS ONE
i have been looking for months to see if they added this AND THEY FINALLY DID!
Thanks abadonware team!
admin 2023-03-09 1 point
@LEMI The part "Ignore registration window, click "Register later" is not about CD key, it's about EA Registration app, that window appears during installation but you can skip it.
You still need to enter CD key to install the game, CD keys are available in Downloads, just scroll down to Game Extras - Serial keys https://www.myabandonware.com/game/need-for-speed-carbon-ign#download
lemi 2023-03-08 1 point
hi, following the guide and on the installation there's no option to skip registering the cd key for me? i've tried the auto run and the setup, using the US version at the top.
admin 2023-03-06 1 point
@MUHAMMAD OKKY Just select the language you need and follow the installation guide in game description. We added many different language versions, you can see languages by flag icons.
Or you can install repack by Magipack, it has all-in-one installer. But that repack is English only
@SNIPER65615 Well, maybe one day ;-) This month we will add another big racing game (not Need for Speed), keep watching the news
Muhammad Okky 2023-03-06 1 point
Hello, how do I install this game? the installation is very hard. If you have questions, please answer me.
admin 2023-03-05 0 point
@42069 If you get warning for NoDVD - it is safe to use, VirusTotal scan showed only 1 warning https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/baaaaec33873d4ba7e4dbae6a5212049ffdcf9679a35d865d7625b4189952fd3/detection
Many antivirus apps doesn't like NoCD/NoDVD files, just add the file to antivirus exceptions
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Need for Speed: Carbon (Windows) , read the abandonware guide first!
Download Need for Speed: Carbon
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Various files to help you run Need for Speed: Carbon, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: