Windows - 2009
Description of Dreamkiller
Here is the video game “Dreamkiller”! Released in 2009 on Windows, it's still available and playable with some tinkering. It's an action game, set in a shooter theme.
How to play Dreamkiller Windows
Note: NoDVD for the game triggers a lot of warnings, here's the report. It happens because the game was released on Steam, and all copies, including retail copies, had Steam DRM protection. NoDVD cracks the DRM, probably that is the reason why is there so many warnings
For 100% safety better run the game on Virtual Machine with Windows XP or Windows 7
Install & play guide (for ISO version):
- Before installing the game - download and install Nvidia PhysX Legacy Drivers, even if you have AMD videocard. The game uses PhysX engine and will not work without installed PhysX
- Mount the .ISO disc image. You will need the utility for mounting disc image files, like WinCDEmu, UltraISO, Alcohol 52%/Alcohol 102% or Daemon Tools Lite
- As alternative - you can extract files from .ISO image if you have installed WinRAR. Right click on .ISO file -> Extract files. After that just launch the installation with Setup.exe
- Install the game
- Install Update 1
- After that - install NoDVD (the game doesn't work with original executable files)
- Launch the game and play. If the game doesn't run - open the directory with the game and find dreamkiller.exe. Right click on dreamkiller.exe - Properties - Compatibility - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows XP or Windows 7"
Repacks installs automatically, PhysX installers included in both. Repacks work on "cracked" executable file, so there's some chances that your antivirus will block it.
The game has been tested on Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 10, works fine. The game supports widescreen and ultra-high resolutions up to 4k.
By default the game has lock on 40 fps. To uncap the fps from 40 to 60: Go to
Documents\Aspyr\Dreamkiller, open up
Config.txt and enter these two lines at the bottom:
maximum_desired_frame_rate = 61
minimum_desired_frame_rate = 60
The new framerate cap should be at 60
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
ThePootis 2022-10-02 0 point
For me, only the .exe in "NoDVD for Update 1" is getting. The other NoDVD isn't getting flagged.
The game says it can't save but saves just fine regardless. This isn't just a Windows 10 issue, I've had the exact same thing happen in Windows 7.
admin 2022-07-07 0 point
Try to use another NoDVD from Downloads section, it should work. NoDVD for Update 1 was in same archive as Update 1, we uploaded it too just in case
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Dreamkiller (Windows), read the abandonware guide first!
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Various files to help you run Dreamkiller, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.