Legend: Hand of God
Windows - 2007
Description of Legend: Hand of God
Legend: Hand of God is a video game published in 2007 on Windows by ValuSoft, Inc., dtp entertainment AG. It's a role-playing (rpg) game, set in a fantasy, real-time and action rpg themes.
How to play Legend: Hand of God Windows
NoCDs showed minor warning ratio on VirusTotal, here's the report for first NoCD and second NoCD. NoCD for German version showed few warnings too, also you antivirus may trigger warnings for German version because of NoCD inside
The game version 1.3 with NoCD has been tested on Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 10, it works but with troubles, check our Guide and Notes for details
Install & play guide:
- Mount the disc image. You will need the utility for mounting disc image files, like WinCDEmu, UltraISO, Alcohol 52%/Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools Lite
- Install the game (if autorun doesn't work - simply launch the installation from Setup.exe inside the disc)
- Also it is recommended to install DirectX 9 from the disc (if you're using Windows 10 - enable DirectPlay, read this or this guide how to do it)
- The game is using PhysX engine, so you will need to download & install PhysX Legacy Drivers
- After you installed the game - install official patch 1.3
- (If you're playing German version - first install patch 1.2, and then patch 1.3)
- Then install NoCD, simply copy files from the archive and put it into game directory, agree to replace original files
- Open the directory with the game and find Starter.exe and Legend.exe. Right click on both exe-files - Properties - Compatibility - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows XP SP3" and "Run as administrator"
- Run Starter.exe to set the graphical and audio settings, then press "Start" and play. If the game doesn't work in compatibility mode with Windows XP - try to launch it in compatibility mode with other version of Windows (Windows 95, 98, Win2000, etc.)
What to do if you get "Cannot init PhysX - please install AGEIA PhysX System Software!" error:
- If you've installed PhysX Legacy Drivers but still get error at launch - try to delete PhysXCore.dll from
Legend: Hand of God/DLLfolder, and then run the game. If it didn't work - also delete PhysXLoader.dll from same folder, and try again. Don't forget to make back-ups of dll-files before deletion
- If first method didn't work - delete any PhysX Legacy Drivers you have, and install old AGEIA PhysX drivers from the disc (we also attached the installer in Downloads). After that the game should work with no problem
- If the installation doesn't start - try to launch Setup.exe in compatibility mode with old version of Windows (98, 2000 or XP)
- It is recommended to install the game not by default path, but in non-system folder, like
C:/Games/Legend Hand of God, otherwise you may have difficulties with installation of patches
- It is recommended to install all versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for the correct work of the game
- Also it is recommended to install RAD Video Tools and K-Lite Codec Pack for the correct work of the game
- The game works on DirectX 9, so if you're using Windows 8, 8.1, 10 or 11 - you need to enable DirectPlay: Go to Control Panel, and select 'Programs'. Select 'Turn Windows features on and off', click on 'Legacy Components' and check the box 'DirectPlay'. Select OK, once the installation is done, restart your computer
- NoCD is required for the launch because the game is using Tages DRM protection, which works very unstable on modern systems. That NoCD "breaks" DRM protection and allows the game to work on modern systems
- Unlike other versions, German version of the game is using Solidshield DRM, so there's different NoCD for that version
- For Windows 8, 10 & 11 users: disable full-screen optimization in Compatibility settings (right click on Legend.exe), if the game crashes on startup
- The game may work very slow on modern machines, sometimes with 5-10 FPS. Unfortunately, there's no solution for that, so if you have low FPS - try to lower graphics settings
- If you have Nvidia graphics card - try to run the game through NVIDIA GeForce Experience utility, the game should work more stable that way
- There's a bug when the game may crash if you press Alt+Tab to minimize the game, so better not to press it
- If you want to edit your savegame, like to change skills of your hero - use unofficial Savegame Editor by Mat
- Don't forget to check PCGamingWiki if you have troubles, also you can check Steam forums
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
DAN53 2023-10-17 1 point
Windows 10, with both NoCDs,
If game crashes on startup with a "startup reset failed" pop-up appearing:
- Go to game folder,
- Right-click on Legend.exe, select Properties,
- Go to Compatibility tab, check "Disable fullscreen optimizations"
- Run game without problems !
DAN53 2023-10-16 1 point
My Cheat Engine for "Legend, Hand of God"
Health, Search "Value Type" FLOAT, with decimals, "Unknown Initial Value", lose health, then "Decreased Value", repeat, Freeze value ticking the box.
Mana, Search "Value Type" FLOAT, with decimals
Experience, FLOAT, Exact,no decimals, kill things, search, 9,999,9991 gives you level 100, max
Gold, 4 Bytes, Exact, used 99900
Health Potions, 2 BYTEs, used 999
Mana Potions, 2 BYTEs, used 999
Attribute Points, use on inventory screen, 2 BYTEs, used 120
Talent Points Main Path, 2 BYTEs, used 120
Talent Points Secondary Path, 2 BYTEs, used 120
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Legend: Hand of God (Windows) , read the abandonware guide first!
Download Legend: Hand of God
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Various files to help you run Legend: Hand of God, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: