Thandor: The Invasion
Windows - 2000
Description of Thandor: The Invasion
Description from the publisher:
Thandor: The Invasion is a classic real-time strategy game with breathtaking, realistic 3D graphics. The player's mission is to re-establish the destroyed Alliance of Avares, using all necessary means. These means include a multitude of weapon systems on the ground, in the air and at sea. Unite the forces of the alliance, using diplomacy where possible, to drive back the Golraths, the eternal enemy, to where they came from. An exciting adventure full of battles in which you can establish a new world order with your strategy and tactics and make it Your Alliance!
How to play Thandor: The Invasion Windows
Video-instruction how to launch the game on Windows 10 (in German)
Install & play guide:
- Mount the disc image. You will need the utility for mounting disc image files, like WinCDEmu, UltraISO, Alcohol 52%/Alcohol 102% or Daemon Tools Lite
- Open the mounted disc, right click on setup.exe - Properties - Compatibility - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows 95/98". The game was programmed for Windows 95/98 and Win2000 and installer works only in compatibility mode with Windows 95/98
- Install the game
- Also it is recommended to install DirectX 7.0 (look for the installer in Download section)
- Install the patch 1.05 (just copy-paste the files in the game directory)
- The sound files of the game doesn't work on Windows Vista or newer OS, so install sound fix to have sound in the game
- Optionally install NoCD
- Open the directory with the game and find thandor.exe. Right click on thandor.exe - Properties - Compatibility - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows 95/98"
- Launch the game and play. If the game doesn't run - open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del by default) and check for processes thandor.exe and rundll32.exe. Close thandor.exe but don't touch rundll32.exe (it's a Windows app for running old apps from 32-bit operational systems, most old games running through rundll32.exe). Now try to launch the game again, it must work. Don't forget to close rundll32.exe process in Task Manager after finishing playing.
Troubleshooting (on Windows Vista or newer OS the game might have troubles - no sound, graphic glitches, etc., here's some technical advices):
- It is recommended to install DirectX 7.0
- If your game doesn't have sound - install sound fix (just copy-paste the files in the game directory)
- If all landscape textures are black - change graphic settings to different level of details (Low, Medium or High), after that return settings to previous selection, it should help
- If you're playing Russian or German version and all text is on English or just broken - delete PATCH00.PCK file from the game directory
Note: The patch 1.05 generates standard false positive alerts on VirusTotal https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/53d097963e0b99c92b3b635255373d83f8b2ae5f65451ec76a11ff41588bd969 The game with patch has been tested by different users on different PCs, nobody had any troubles, so it should be safe to use. The patch 1.05 is necessary to launch the game on modern systems. Alternatively, you can also launch the game without the patch inside Virtual Machine, game works fine on VirtualBox with Windows 98
- The game with Patch 1.05 and sound fix has been tested on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10, all language versions works fine. The game doesn't support resolutions higher than 1400x900, try to use dgVoodoo if you want to play in higher resolution
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
Alex Hobson 2022-03-20 0 point
the disc version doesn't install this error message fatal error b104 couldn't execute "c:\temp\ tgsetup tmp\tgsetup.exe" / ba:\setup.exe"" error code 2 or something similar people on discord channel getting same error as well
64-Bit Dragon 2022-01-31 4 points
So I love this game which is why I wanted it uploaded on this website and now that it's here I made a quick installation guide for the "Full rip version" because the installation guide provided above (which is probably quite foolproof, I haven't tested yet) can seem quite daunting. So as not to discourage people from trying this game I uploaded my video:
My installation is probably not going to work for everyone so if it doesn't, please try the guide above.
TL:DW, download "full rip version", extract, launch (possibly with dgVoodoo and/or sound fix)
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Thandor: The Invasion (Windows), read the abandonware guide first!
Download Thandor: The Invasion
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If the manual is missing and you own the original manual, please contact us!
Just one click to download at full speed!
Various files to help you run Thandor: The Invasion, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: