DOS - 1995
Description of Fighter Wing
A decent flight sim from GemSoft that offers good graphics but not much realism or long-term play value.
From the description at MobyGames: "Fighter Wing is a flight simulator that instead of concentrating on a single type of aircraft, covers a wide array of flyable planes. You get to play in either Nato or soviet sides in a series of scenarios (no campaign mode) that take place over fictional situations (the President goes insane and orders a massive strike, etc.). On the Nato side, you can fly the F-4, F-15, F-16, F-18 and F-117. While on the Soviet side you get the MIG-21, 23, 29, 31 and the SU-27. Graphics are completely 3d with gourad-shaded polygonal aircraft complete with insignias and other details, also present are clouds, smoke effects and ground modeled on actual map terrain and there's multiplayer support for up to 16 players." Despite the good variety of aircrafts and scenarios, the game's longevity is hurt by the lack of career mode, although multiplayer options help.
Overall, an average flight sim that doesn't really offer much beyond the variety of aircrafts (most of which feel the same anyway). For a more polished and realistic execution of this multiple-aircraft-in-fictional-scenarios idea, try Evasive Action instead.
Review By HOTUD
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
Roy Hodgson 2021-04-12 0 point
I was able to make the game run under dosbox and it's good. not excellent but good. Some documentation wouldn't hurt though
agathosdaimon 2020-05-31 0 point
sorry the setup procedure does not work - i have done it all and done the setup but when i type fwing to run the fwing.bat file - it just bringsup a list of file names saying ilegal command
Sparkles 2020-04-14 1 point
Updated instructions, as running the crack.com file was missing.
01) Download Fighter Wing Zip file. Download and install Dos Box.
02) Unzip fighter wing zip. (e.g. C:\DOSGAMES\FighterWing)
- - you should have 7 folders in FighterWing: Disk1, Disk2 - Disk7
03) Create a new 8th folder called: install
04) Mount the new install folder as A: from DOS Box
- - e.g. mount A "C:\GAMES\FighterWing\Install"
05) Using windows explorer(not DOS Box) Copy the contents of "Disk1" to your "Install" folder
04) from "DOS Box" navigate to "install" folder, this should be mounted as A:,
- - NOTE: if you didn't mount it, just navigate to the folder within DOSBOX
05) Run: "crack.com" ( allows blank serial number)
06) Run: "install.exe"
07) When Prompted for serial number, press "enter" (Crack.com fixed this).
08) Proceed installing fighter wing.
09) When Prompted for disk 2, from windows explorer, delete all files in "Install" folder and copy all "disk 2 files" into "install folder"
10) Hit enter to continue installing disk 2, repeat for all 7 disks,
- - replacing the contents of the install folder each time.
11) Game installs to a new folder called "FWING"
- - and you will find a fwing.bat file to run to play.
12) Once it is working you can delete the Disk1-Disk7 folders, and the "install" folder,
- - keeping only the "FWING" folder.
* Sparkles *
Jon 2017-12-21 1 point
1) Download Zip. Download Dos Box.
2) Unzip fighter wing zip. I copied (not moved) dos4gw.exe from disk7 into disk1 here but not sure that was necessary.
3) Drag and drop fighter wing zip to dos box
4) cd Disk1 then Run install.exe
5) Prompted for serial number, press enter.
6) Proceed installing fighter wing.
7) Prompted for disk 2, copy disk 2 files into disk 1 folder (saving off disk 1 files first)
8) Hit enter to continue installing disk 2, etc with all 7 disks.
9) Game installs and you find a fwing.bat file to run to play.
Nikola I. 2015-07-20 0 point DOS version
This game when unzipped gives several sub folders - each one for floppy disc. How to install?
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Fighter Wing, read the abandonware guide first!
Download Fighter Wing
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentations when possible. If the manual is missing and you own the original manual, please contact us!
Just one click to download at full speed!
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: