Carmen Sandiego's Great Chase Through Time
Windows - 1997
Description of Carmen Sandiego's Great Chase Through Time
In 1997, Brøderbund Software, Inc. publishes Carmen Sandiego's Great Chase Through Time on Windows. This adventure and educational game is now abandonware and is set in a geography, history and puzzle elements.
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
LadyKensey 2021-05-26 0 point
@DJWAFER These instructions almost completely worked for me. Once I got to the install setup32.exe part and clicked install, nothing happened. The 32 bit installer just stayed as a background process and no option to install Quicktime was prompted. I even double checked to make sure I was in the first .bin file which I was. Any ideas of what to try next?
Redpandas12 2021-05-23 0 point
@DJWAFER Did you get disk 2 (bin file 2) to work? When I open it with virtual clone drive it says game not found.
DJwafer 2021-03-14 11 points
Here's how I got this to run on a Windows 10 machine :
1. Download file
2. Download and install Virtual Clone Drive https://www.elby.ch/en/products/vcd.html
3. Extract files and open the 1st .bin file with Virtual Clone Drive. It may open a folder with a series of files or it may prompt you asking what to do with a disc. You may also be able to navigate to a virtual CD-rom via your file explorer. When you open this folder there is a setup.exe file begging to be clicked, don't. Instead, navigate to the folder labeled 'Install', inside you will find the correct set-up file labeled setup32.exe. Run this using windows xp pack 3 compatibility (found in properties folder).
4. You should be looking at the start-up menu, congrats! Almost there. Click install. If it prompts you asking you to enter disc one it's because you've been using the 2nd .bin file instead of the first. Each set corresponds to disc 1 and disc 2, go back to the initial download folder and make sure that you're accessing these files through the first .bin file.
5. After the first part of installation it will prompt you to install Quicktime. Follow instructions and when it asks press 'Skip' so that it doesn't search your system and try to overwrite other instances of Quicktime.
6. You should get a message confirming a successful install.
7. Go back to that same setup32.exe file and run it, the start-up menu should now have an option to run the game.
8. Re-live that sweet childhood nostalgia.
note: This got the game running for me with some minor graphics issues. The game is absolutely playable, and there may be a way to sort this out, but I'm not sure. If someone finds a fix for that please share!
ps: I've never written a guide like this before but there didn't seem to be a readily accessible answer to a problem that seemed to be shared by everyone. I hope this helps at least one person. Take care,
Ricky 2021-03-08 2 points
The best way to play this game is on a window xp virtualbox. just make sure its the 32 version not the 64.
Jess 2020-08-23 1 point
Was soo excited for the opportunity to play this again but sadly couldn't get it to work :( Tried mounting the .bin file into PowerIso and also converting the .bin to .iso and mounting that but when I open the setup.exe file and click Install, all I get is an error message saying "screen info not found!"
Beckster 2020-05-17 3 points
I can't get this to run. I've installed all the correct programs, but when I try to install it, it says that there isn't a program to install it. Help!
Beckster 2020-05-15 1 point
This was MY JAM back in elementary school! It's actually how I learned a lot of history because my school wasn't the best at teaching history when I got to high school (went to a private K-12 school). I loved every bit of it and cannot wait to try and beat the VILE agents again!
SoundBytes 2020-03-31 1 point
Like WIN I can get the game to work but there's no sound. Any suggestions?
Erica 2020-03-29 0 point
Doesn't work. I have a Surface Pro. Link downloaded two BIN and CUE files. Not sure what to do with those.
Hawkin 2019-05-07 0 point
This is the game right a fter Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego right?
lovinit 2019-03-17 2 points
With the BIN and CUE files you can create an ISO file which can be mounted as a CD (or burned). AnyToISO worked great, just point it at the BIN files and it automatically sees the CUE and makes an ISO. Just mounted the ISOs for a Win98 virtual machine, installed the game and QuickTime 2.1 and it plays flawlessly!
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Carmen Sandiego's Great Chase Through Time (Windows), read the abandonware guide first!
Download Carmen Sandiego's Great Chase Through Time
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentations when possible. If the manual is missing and you own the original manual, please contact us!
Just one click to download at full speed!
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: