Dead Man's Hand
Windows - 2004
Description of Dead Man's Hand
Description from the publisher:
Bar room brawls, furious gun slinging and horse-backed adventure await in this Wild West first-person shooter. Period authentic weapons and locales set the stage for this Western tale of vengeance. Ride through 20 dangerous missions, exploring deserts, hills an abandoned mines across the Old West. Use the environment to your advantage - take out other gunslingers by knocking over posts or sending wagons down a cliff with a well-placed shot.
Choose from authentic Old West weapons, from six-shooters and rifles to Bowie knives & dynamite sticks. As you play, you'll build Legend points - use these to earn trick-shot moves you've only seen in the Western movies. Before each mission, you'll get to the saloon for a game of poker - try to win extra Ammo, health or legend points
How to play Dead Man's Hand Windows
Install & play guide:
- Mount the disc image of CD1. You will need the utility for mounting disc image files, like WinCDEmu, UltraISO, Alcohol 52%/Alcohol 102% or Daemon Tools Lite
- Install the game using serial key
- When the setup will ask for CD2, mount the disc image of CD2
- After the game has been installed, install the patch
- Install NoCD (just copy and replace DMH.EXE in "System" folder in the directory with installed game)
- Launch the game and play. If the game doesn't run - open the directory with the game and find DMH.EXE. Right click on DMH.EXE - Properties - Compatibility - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7".
- Also try to launch the game, then open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del by default) and check for processes DMH.EXE and rundll32.exe. Close DMH.EXE but don't touch rundll32.exe (it's a Windows app for running old apps from 32-bit operational systems, most old games running through rundll32.exe). Now try to launch the game again, it must work. Don't forget to close rundll32.exe process in Task Manager after finishing playing.
- The game with NoCD has been tested on Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 10, works fine
- By default the max resolution of the game is 1024x768, but you can launch the game in high widescreen resolutions by editing config-files (read the instruction here) or by using dgVoodoo
- The game supports anti-alising and vertical sync, but you need to turn it on in .ini-file, read here for instructions, also you can use dgVoodoo
- If you stuck on the ladder in first level - hit the Tab button and write: fly, then if you want to walk again write: walk
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
Bacup 2022-04-29 7 points
It's weirdly fun, I love it !
I just had to download the "Magipack" repack, change some stuff in the .ini file to play in 1920x1080 with an 110 FoV and set the FPS to 60 using RivaTuner and bam, here I go shooting bad guys.
The game might be a bit slow and the three main weapons may suck at the beginning but damn the others variant are so fun to use
A big YES for me
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Dead Man's Hand (Windows) , read the abandonware guide first!
Download Dead Man's Hand
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Various files to help you run Dead Man's Hand, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: