Silent Heroes: Elite Troops of WWII
Windows - 2005
Description of Silent Heroes: Elite Troops of WWII
This is a stand-alone expansion to the game Soldiers: Heroes of World War II, and uses the same engine. If you have Soldiers: Heroes of World War II - you can install this game as a mod, you can download it on ModDB
How to play Silent Heroes: Elite Troops of WWII Windows
English version of the game is DRM free. Russian version of the game was using infamous StarForce DRM that can break your system, so make sure to use NoCD before the first launch of Russian version of the game!
The game has been tested on Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 10, works fine, the game supports widescreen. Check our Guide and Notes for more details
Install & play guide:
- Install the game
- Also it is recommended to install DirectX 9 (if you're using Windows 10 - enable DirectPlay, read this or this guide how to do it)
- Open the game folder and find Silent Heroes.exe. Right click on Silent Heroes.exe - Properties - Compatibility - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows 2000 or XP" and "Run as administrator"
- Launch the game and play. If the game doesn't work - try to launch the game in compatibility mode with old versions of Windows (Windows 98, ME, 2000 or XP)
- If the installation doesn't start - try to launch Setup.exe in compatibility mode with old version of Windows (Win98, Win2000, XP or Vista)
- It is recommended to install old versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for the correct work of the game
- Also it is recommended to install Windows Media 9 and K-Lite Codec Pack for the correct work of in-game videos
- The game works on DirectX 9, so if you're using Windows 8, 8.1, 10 or 11 - you need to enable DirectPlay: Go to Control Panel, and select 'Programs'. Select 'Turn Windows features on and off', click on 'Legacy Components' and check the box 'DirectPlay'. Select OK, once the installation is done, restart your computer
- The game supports widescreen resolutions, but you can experience some bugs if you play on 1920x1080 or higher resolution. In that case use Widescreen fix
- Widescreen fix also fixes Texture or surface size is too big (esurface.cpp, 129) error
- For users of Windows 64-bit systems: if the game doesn't work after you launched it - open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del by default) and check for processes Silent Heroes.exe and rundll32.exe. Close Silent Heroes.exe but don't touch rundll32.exe (it's a Windows app for running old apps from 32-bit operational systems, most old games running through rundll32.exe). Now try to launch the game again, it must work. Don't forget to close rundll32.exe process in Task Manager after finishing playing
- Don't forget to check PCGamingWiki if you have troubles!
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
There is no comment nor review for this game at the moment.
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Silent Heroes: Elite Troops of WWII (Windows) , read the abandonware guide first!
Download Silent Heroes: Elite Troops of WWII
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Various files to help you run Silent Heroes: Elite Troops of WWII, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: