Escape from Paradise City
Windows - 2007
Description of Escape from Paradise City
Description from the publisher:
The Escape from Paradise City drops players into a dystopian world that combines a dark underworld and elements of the supernatural. In the game, the player is required to infiltrate the gangs of Paradise City on behalf of a powerful government agency that, despite its influence, has been unable to introduce even a glimmer of law and order to this horribly corrupt city. In an entertaining chapter driven story, the player takes turns controlling one of three gritty characters that have volunteered to get to the bottom of the mystery behind the controlling crime syndicates power
How to play Escape from Paradise City Windows
The game with patch and NoCD has been tested on Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 10, works with no problem. The game supports widescreen. If you get some troubles with the game, don't forget to check our Notes
Install & play guide:
- Mount the ISO disc image of DVD. You will need the utility for mounting disc image files, like WinCDEmu, UltraISO, Alcohol 52%/Alcohol 102% or Daemon Tools Lite
- Install the game (if it doesn't run - simply launch the installation from Setup.exe inside the disc, run it in compatibility mode with Windows XP).
- Also it is recommended to install DirectX 9 from the disc (if you're using Windows 10 - enable DirectPlay, read this or this guide how to do it)
- After you installed the game install the patch
- Then install NoCD (simply copy ParadiseCity.exe the archive and replace the original exe-file inside the game folder)
- Open the directory with the game and find ParadiseCity.exe. Right click on ParadiseCity.exe - Properties - Compatibility - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows XP" and "Run as administrator"
- Launch the game. During first launch the game will ask for serial key, enter
- Play the game. If the game doesn't work - try to launch the game, then open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del by default) and check for processes ParadiseCity.exe and rundll32.exe. Close ParadiseCity.exe but don't touch rundll32.exe (it's a Windows app for running old apps from 32-bit operational systems, most old games running through rundll32.exe). Now try to launch the game again, it must work. Don't forget to close rundll32.exe process in Task Manager after finishing playing
- If the installation doesn't start - try to launch Setup.exe in compatibility mode with old version of Windows (98, 2000 or XP)
- NoCD is required for the launch because the game is using SecuROM DRM protection, which doesn't work correctly on modern systems. That NoCD "breaks" DRM protection and allows the game to work on modern systems
- Also, the game requires serial key for the launch, that NoCD allows to bypass it. Simply enter
RELOADEDRELOADEDRELOADEDwhen the game will ask for serial key
- It is highly recommended to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for the correct work of the game
- Also it is recommended to install RAD Video Tools and K-Lite Codec Pack for the correct work of in-game videos
- The game works on DirectX 9, so if you're using Windows 8, 8.1, 10 or 11 - you need to enable DirectPlay: Go to Control Panel, and select 'Programs'. Select 'Turn Windows features on and off', click on 'Legacy Components' and check the box 'DirectPlay'. Select OK, once the installation is done, restart your computer
- Russian version of the game is already patched to the last version and doesn't require the disc for launch
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
Scummy 2024-02-19 0 point
Also, the patch does fix the cutscenes so they play. Make sure to use the exe called ParadiseCity and NOT the shortcut on the desktop that the install made for you when you installed it. That shortcut seems to crash if you use it. It does not point to the new NO-CD you copied over. Make a new shortcut for your desktop from the ParadiseCity exe found in the games directory. (The one you replaced).
Also, install the DirectX from the disk.
Working great here after doing all this. Windows 10 x64 .
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Escape from Paradise City (Windows) , read the abandonware guide first!
Download Escape from Paradise City
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Various files to help you run Escape from Paradise City, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: