Initial D: Mountain Vengeance
Windows - 2004
Description of Initial D: Mountain Vengeance
2004, the year Initial D: Mountain Vengeance was released on Windows. Made by Canopy Games and published by ValuSoft, Inc., this racing / driving game is available for free on this page.
How to play Initial D: Mountain Vengeance Windows
An action racer with a comic style. Interesting.
- Unzip the pack of Initial D: Mountain Vengeance (IDMV) to a folder where you store game images.
- Mount the .BIN File with Virtual Clone Drive (VCD).
- Navigate to the mounted image and run the Setup.exe
- Install the game to a game folder. Ignore the message which states that you had 0 MB of RAM or something like that.
- Decline the installation of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Decline the installation of Direct-X 8.1
- Decline a system restart. Choose Will restart later, then click on Finish.
- To play the game with DGVoodoo2, copy the four DLLs from the MS/x86 folder of DGVoodoo2 to the game folder, where the InitialD.exe is.
- There is a mini-manual (pdf) included in the installation. You can find it in the game folder.
- If the game doesn't run at once, open the task manager, close the process of the InitialD.exe but don't close the process of the Rundll32.exe (you can read about the Rundll32.exe on tech sites), then start the game again. After playing, close the process of the Rundll32.exe
- If you turn off the music in the game options, it might be that sound is turned off as well. But it is turned on again if you change the volume. So if this occurs regularly, just turn down the volume by one before closing the game and turn it up again by one after restarting the game.
- After trying in vain to configure the analogue sticks of my gamepad in the game options, I chose to use the keyboard which is fitting for the action-oriented steering of this game.
- The single player mode is a series of races against different opponents. After a win you get rewarded with some skill points that you can use to upgrade acceleration, handling and such. All racers have their own car. You begin with one racer, and by winning races you can unlock other rathers, thereby unlocking other cars as well. Simple but motivating.
- In the race options I've chosen automatic drifting and manual shifting. You can accelerate fast with the automatic, but you'll have more control with the manual shifting.
- To return to the main menu, choose next race first, then exit to the main menu.
- In general, you go into the game with NEXT and you go out of the game with BACK. This applies to saving and loading too. After choosing a new game, you create a new player profile which is then saved into one of the available slots. There is an autosave, I guess it's done after you have won a race and placed your newly earned skill points.
IDMV is such a game that you can play and have fun with for half an hour a day, and it's simplicity is just suited for that. Also, it's a game of the type: I don't know why but it's good somehow. Can't explain why but it's just so.
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
Kosha 2022-09-15 1 point
I remeber this game but when i played it the first time, the intro had the tokyopop initial d intro and when i played the gameplay the car seem to drift very hard and ill it the guard rail but you get stuck, this game is not known as a initial d game...
ChritheGaming 2022-07-01 1 point
I usully learn games very fast and i like to play a lot of games
MrSignmeout 2021-11-15 1 point
its an ok game. when i ran it the first time, the menu UI was a bit glitched looking but fortunately didnt carry into gameplay. game runs fairly well, the car shakes a bit sometimes and when on controller steers a bit too strong when very lightly pushing the joystick (both maybe has to do with the uncapped frame rate).
has a pretty cool thing with the levels where you race a segment of a larger track, then at the end of a sequence, race the entire length of the respective track.
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Initial D: Mountain Vengeance (Windows) , read the abandonware guide first!
Download Initial D: Mountain Vengeance
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: