Madden NFL 08
Windows - 2007
Description of Madden NFL 08
2007, the year Madden NFL 08 was released on Windows. Made by EA Salt Lake and published by Electronic Arts, Inc., this sports game is available for free on this page.
How to play Madden NFL 08 Windows
For all new players we recommend to read big Starting Guide by FootballIdiot Community. It is community of Madden NFL series fans, they have active forum with many interesting themes, we recommend you to check it!
The game with patch and NoDVD has been tested on Windows 7 64-bit, works fine. The game supports widescreen
Install & play guide:
- Mount the disc image. You will need the utility for mounting disc image files, like WinCDEmu, UltraISO, Alcohol 52%/Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools Lite
- Launch the installation (the game installer will check game files and that process can take 2-3 minutes)
- Install the game. Ignore EA Registration
- Also it is recommended to install DirectX 9 from the disc (if you're using Windows 10 - enable DirectPlay, read this or this guide how to do it)
- Once you installed the game - install the patch
- After that install NoDVD (simply copy mainapp.exe from the archive and put it into directory with installed game, replacing original mainapp.exe)
- Open the directory with the game and find Madden08.exe and mainapp.exe. Right click on both exe-files - Properties - Compatibility - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows XP" and "Run as administrator"
- Launch the game and play. If the game doesn't work in compatibility mode with Windows XP - try to launch it in compatibility mode with other version of Windows (98, 2000 or Vista)
- If the installation doesn't start - try to launch Autorun.exe in compatibility mode with old version of Windows (98, 2000 or XP)
- NoDVD is required for the launch because the game is using SecuROM DRM protection, which doesn't work on modern systems. That NoDVD "breaks" DRM protection and allows the game to work on modern systems
- The game works on DirectX 9, so if you're using Windows 8, 8.1, 10 or 11 - you need to enable DirectPlay: Go to Control Panel, and select 'Programs'. Select 'Turn Windows features on and off', click on 'Legacy Components' and check the box 'DirectPlay'. Select OK, once the installation is done, restart your computer
- It is recommended to install all versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for the correct work of the game
- If you have troubles with installation of patches - copy patch-file into the game directory then launch it from there. Sometimes the patch cannot find the game directory automatically
- If the game doesn't start when you click on Madden08.exe or desktop shortcut - run the game from mainapp.exe
- The game has compatibility issues with Windows 8, it simply doesn't work on some machines with Windows 8. Currently there's no fix for that
- Multiplayer servers for this game doesn't work for many years, but you still can play it with Hamachi. Check this thread for more details. You can find active players here
- If you want to play with anti-aliasing and texture filtering - run the game with dgVoodoo. Just copy dll-files from the MS/x86 folder, dgVoodooCpl.exe and dgVoodoo.conf to the game folder, then run dgVoodooCpl.exe, open DirectX tab and select the setting you want. After that click "Apply" to save settings, close dgVoodooCpl and run the game from Madden08.exe. The game with dgVoodoo has been tested on Windows 7 64-bit, works with no problem
- For users of Windows 64-bit systems: if the game doesn't work after you launched it - open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del by default) and check for processes mainapp.exe and rundll32.exe. Close mainapp.exe but don't touch rundll32.exe (it's a Windows app for running old apps from 32-bit operational systems, most old games running through rundll32.exe). Now try to launch the game again, it must work. Don't forget to close rundll32.exe process in Task Manager after finishing playing
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
There is no comment nor review for this game at the moment.
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Madden NFL 08 (Windows) , read the abandonware guide first!
Download Madden NFL 08
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Various files to help you run Madden NFL 08, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: