Real War: Rogue States
Windows - 2002
Description of Real War: Rogue States
Here is the video game “Real War: Rogue States”! Released in 2002 on Windows, it's still available and playable with some tinkering. It's a strategy game, set in a real-time theme.
Real War: Rogue States is an addon for Real War, you will need the original game to play.
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
Voff 2022-02-17 1 point
Totally underrated game(both of them) for its time. Too bad it got not enough promo and faded by C&C series, which was ugly, spiked, kid-colored piece of 3d.
CharlieSeattle 2020-03-29 0 point
"Fast paced action with multiple tools to master."
CharlieSeattle CHARLIESEATTLE OCTOBER 31, 2010 / VERSION: REAL WAR: ROGUE STATES DEMO
Using hot keys to build faster and creating task forces to group and manager units makes multiplayer game play easy.
Supply micromanagement is a non factor. They arrive automatically as long as you protect supply lines and your base from attack.
Graphics are out of date for this dated game.
AI is weak in single player senerios but good for beginners.
ROUGE STATES GAME TIPS
Maximize you supply capacity ASAP in this manner.
1. Build 3 supply bases a three generators to start.
2. Build Land Command center and a couple more generators.
3. Build Vehicle Yard and Infantry base.
4. Build Land Strategy Center. Turns on options in other bases.
5. Select upgrade for all 3 supply bases.
6. Build complete Air Strip and upgrade its supply.
7. Build complete Sea Base and upgrade its supply.
8. Build defense and attack forces in balanced manner. Give air defense a priority.
9. Attack in waves and early! Rebuild lost forces of one type while you attack with another type. Dont sit a watch, it wastes time.
10. Select offensive units and and hold down shift key you select targets one after the other to attack, then right click to finish.
11. Build a Special Operations base, that permits a Nuke Silo to be built. Each time a Nuke is used the next one is approximately 15% stronger. The 6th nuke will be devastating.
12. Lead nuke attack with air strike with fighter bombers dropping flares, F4 key, to overload anti-air defense units ability to target nuke.
13. Nuke defense. When nuke is launched move zoom window over it and with task force selected pick nuke directly to attack. You will hear a chunk sound when it is selected. That way even if it is screened with escort aircraft you can still shoot it down. The layered structure of a nuke defense task force will have better chance even if some parts of it are destroyed by an enemy lead attack force. Create several nuke defense task forces for a better chance of success.
14. Rangers, Seals and ILA Guerillas slipped behind enemy defenses can be used to sabotage bases and blow them up.
15. Patrol In Location. Select unit(s) to patrol a path. Select Patrol In Location key. Hold down Shift key while picking boundary points for unit(s) to patrol. Then release Shift key and pick any point on the map to complete. Unit(s) will go to starting point and begin patrol action. This is very effective to make air defense ground units difficult to hit with cruise missiles. A mine layer or anti submarine helicopter may be programed to lay mines or sonar sensors in a prescribed path.
16. Make efforts to encourage new players so more will want to play. So at start of game ask, Rush? or No Rush? Play defense and allow them to attack. Of course you will have a 2nd base built by then anyway so why not? Share info like Im doing.
17. Do you know how to use Hot Keys? Master these!! Allows you to build faster. You can build a unit using alt+ a hot key. Using your Headquarters, Alt Q builds a generator, Alt W builds a Supply Base. Use keys QWERT 1st row in building menu, ASDFG 2nd row in building menu and ZXCVB 3rd row in building menu. Each base has Hot Keys associated with it. Discover them all in a practice game.
18. Know how to use Task Forces? Master this too!! Select forces to group first. One way to build an air strike force fast is to select one Helicopter then press the Insert key. That will allow all units of that type visible on the screen to be picked at once. Then Press Ctrl, Shift and a number key, say 3 for example, all at the same time. Every time 3 is pressed the Helicopter Task Force will be selected to attack or defend with.
19. When attacking, hold the shift key down to select successive targets. This is good when using Navy seals to sabotage the enemy fleet, or when attacking by air.
20. Putting rocket infantry into bunkers helps to repel enemy tanks and ground troops. Groups of three rocket infantry can target and bring down enemy aircraft.
21. Use your sub hunter to drop sonar around your naval base, to detect enemy submarines before they attack. This allows you to counter-attack them by dropping sonar guided topedos from the sub hunter.
22. Bases or critical units weakened by attack? Hover cursor over the base or unit, select the K key to kill the base or unit yourself. Then rebuild it in a more protected area.
23. Rally points, red ovals were new units appear, can be moved to any visible part of the map. For example, click on Sea Base. Rally point will appear. Hold down shift key and use cursor to drag red oval to new location at sea.
24. Hot Keys, Task Forces and Patrol In Location of your Air Defence units are what you need to master.
25. Defend! Watch your back door or some SOB will build a second base or land a invasion force behind you.
26. Attack! Use multiple task fouces quickly from different directions. Mass all together slowly in unprotected forward area and you are a target for a nuke.
Rouge States is the 2nd generation game and my favorite. It came out 3 years after the original game Real War, bugs were fixed. No patches are required. This is separate game, not a patch or MOD.
New weapons were added. Laser Rail Gun, Stealth B2 Bomber. Full supplies can be pre-set to allow you build base immediately. In 2 v 2 or 3 v 3 games allies can team up.
(Copied from DEMO page at, CNET.com)
Updated on Oct 13, 2013
Play online at:
Militant Nod 2019-10-12 0 point
A vast improvement over the original game, everything is better, from controls and reaction times of units to some graphic assets and mechanics. A nice compact modern combat RTS with some unconventional ideas (like supply arriving physically from off the map in convoys that you have to protect), though it plays clunky 'cause it's jank, but it's fun jank, give it a spin.
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Real War: Rogue States (Windows), read the abandonware guide first!
Download Real War: Rogue States
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If the manual is missing and you own the original manual, please contact us!
Just one click to download at full speed!
Various files to help you run Real War: Rogue States, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: