Bone: The Great Cow Race
Windows - 2006
Description of Bone: The Great Cow Race
Here is the video game “Bone: The Great Cow Race”! Released in 2006 on Windows, it's still available and playable with some tinkering. It's an adventure game, set in a licensed title, graphic adventure, puzzle elements and comics themes.
How to play Bone: The Great Cow Race Windows
The game has been tested on Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 10, it works fine. You may experience some small troubles when you play the game on modern systems, check our Guide and Notes for details
Install & play guide:
- Mount the disc image. You will need the utility for mounting disc image files, like WinCDEmu, UltraISO, Alcohol 52%/Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools Lite
- Install the game. Install it not in default path
C:/Program Files/Telltale/The Great Cow Race, but in some non-system folder, like
C:/Games/The Great Cow Race, otherwise you may have difficulties with NoCD
- Also it is recommended to enable DirectPlay, read this or this guide how to do it
- After you installed the game - install NoCD, simply copy Bone2v20.exe from the archive and put it into game directory, agree to replace original file
- Open the directory with installed game and find Bone2v20.exe. Right click on Bone2v20.exe - Properties - Compatibility - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows XP" and "Run as administrator"
- Launch the game and play. If the game doesn't work in compatibility mode with Windows XP - try to launch it in compatibility mode with other version of Windows (Windows 95, 98, Win2000, etc.)
- If the installation doesn't start - try to launch Setup.exe in compatibility mode with old version of Windows (98, 2000 or XP)
- NoCD is required for the launch because the game is using SoftwarePassport (Armadillo) DRM protection, which doesn't work correctly on modern systems. That NoCD "breaks" DRM protection and allows the game to work on modern systems
- German version of the game has Sysiphus CD/DVD Copy Protection, so there's a different NoCD
- It is recommended to install all versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for the correct work of the game
- Also it is recommended to install RAD Video Tools and K-Lite Codec Pack for the correct work of the game
- The game works on DirectX 9, so if you're using Windows 8, 8.1, 10 or 11 - you need to enable DirectPlay: Go to Control Panel, and select 'Programs'. Select 'Turn Windows features on and off', click on 'Legacy Components' and check the box 'DirectPlay'. Select OK, once the installation is done, restart your computer
- If the game crashes in Fullscreen mode - try to select Low Settings. If it didn't work - open the game folder and find prefs.prop file. Delete that file and run the game again, on the next run the game will create new prefs.prop file with default graphical settings. Select Low Settings and start New Game
- If the game still keeps crashing - delete prefs.prop file, run the game and select Windowed mode. The game in Windowed mode should work stable
- Visit AbandonSocios forum for more details about Spanish translation, you can also find there pre-installed version of the game with Spanish translation
- By default the game works only in 4:3 resolutions, but you can try to run the game in widescreen with Tell Tale Games Custom Resolution Tool
- Don't forget to check PCGamingWiki if you have troubles, also you can check Steam forums
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
admin 2023-11-06 1 point
We returned download links for Bone games since it has been 4 years already since the game was removed from all digital stores again.
And we added more language versions, plus new exclusive NoCD that doesn't show a lot of warnings like NoCDs on other websites
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Bone: The Great Cow Race (Windows) , read the abandonware guide first!
Download Bone: The Great Cow Race
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Various files to help you run Bone: The Great Cow Race, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: