Building & Co: You Are the Architect!
Windows - 2008
Description of Building & Co: You Are the Architect!
Building & Co: You Are the Architect! (aka Building & Co: Город "под ключ" , Building and Co) is a video game published in 2008 on Windows by Akella, Playlogic Entertainment, Inc.. It's a strategy game, set in a managerial and city building / construction simulation themes.
How to play Building & Co: You Are the Architect! Windows
Discs may show some warnings because of NoCD inside but all installation files are clear, here's the VirusTotal report.
Install & play guide:
- Mount the disc image. You will need the utility for mounting disc image files, like WinCDEmu, UltraISO, Alcohol 52%/Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools Lite
- Install the game (if autorun doesn't work - simply launch the installation from Setup.exe inside the disc)
- Also it is recommended to install DirectX 9 from the disc (if you're using Windows 10 - make sure to enable DirectPlay, read this or this guide how to do it)
- After you installed the game install the patch 1.1
- Then install NoCD (simply copy files from the archive and replace the original files inside the game folder)
- Open the directory with the game and find BuildingAndCo.exe. Right click on BuildingAndCo.exe - Properties - Compatibility - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows XP or Vista" and "Run as administrator"
- Launch the game and play. If the game doesn't work - try to launch the game, then open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del by default) and check for processes BuildingAndCo.exe and rundll32.exe. Close BuildingAndCo.exe but don't touch rundll32.exe (it's a Windows app for running old apps from 32-bit operational systems, most old games running through rundll32.exe). Now try to launch the game again, it must work. Don't forget to close rundll32.exe process in Task Manager after finishing playing
The game with patch and NoCD has been tested on Windows 7 64-bit, works with no problem
- Make sure to install NoCD because otherwise the game will ask for activation code, NoCD resolves that trouble
- It is highly recommended to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 for the correct work of the game (the installer is inside CD, in
- Also it is recommended to install K-Lite Codec Pack for the correct work of in-game videos
- By default the game works only in 4:3 resolution, but you can launch it in widescreen by editing Settings.xml in
Building&Co/Data/Configuration/. Open it and find the line RESOLUTION 1024 x 768 RESOLUTION. Change numbers to your display resolution, for example 1920 x 1080, and the game will work in widescreen
- If you want to play in windowed mode - open same Settings.xml and find FULL_SCREEN Enabled FULL_SCREEN. Change Enabled to Disabled to run the game in windowed mode
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
There is no comment nor review for this game at the moment.
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Building & Co: You Are the Architect! (Windows), read the abandonware guide first!
Download Building & Co: You Are the Architect!
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Various files to help you run Building & Co: You Are the Architect!, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.