Windows - 2003
Description of Chrome
In 2003, Gathering of Developers, Inc., Techland Sp. z o.o., Strategy First, Inc., Deep Silver, 1C Company publishes Chrome on Windows. This action game is now abandonware and is set in a flight, sci-fi / futuristic, shooter, spy / espionage and automobile themes.
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
Kuba4ful#4258 2022-11-24 0 point
Spent my childhood playing this game for hours, I know most levels by my heart. It may be nostalgia, but to this day the combat itself feels kinda fun. Maybe that's due to difficulty.
To anyone that wants to give this game a shot, play on Very Hard. If you're a sucker for hard FPSes, this difficulty will feel much more fun. You die in few hits but so do enemies, implant usage becomes a necessity, resources are scarce and careless usage will lead to deficit of ammo or/and medkits.
Also, if you get slippery movement, cap the framerate at 30. The game doesn't handle modern PCs well unfortunately.
(And to anyone that has an interest in modding games, customizing things to your liking, making new maps/levels etc., this game's main script files are unobfuscated java files that you can just edit with any text editor lmao.
Personally I used that to increase movement speed on the Speed Boost Implant, to cut on the boring travel times.)
Hippymagnet 2022-09-21 -1 point
i cant seam to find the serial number to install game not in box ,book,or the case ,read me file where do i find it?
SamboNZ 2022-07-17 0 point
Followed the instructions below by KAI and it's working flawlessly in Win 10 as at Jul'22. Thank you!
Bouncer 2022-04-20 0 point
I could use some help please I've installed the game and installed Chrome_Patch_Win_EN_Patch-1130_v2 but when when I try to install ChromePatch_1_2_0_0 it fails I don't know what went wrong please help.
Kai 2021-11-07 4 points
1) Download ALL files here (manual is optional).
2) Unpack the Chrome_Win_EN_ISO-Version. Use a tool like WinCDEmu to mount the first CD by right-clicking on the .cue file for CD1 and mounting it. DO NOT mount CD2 yet, otherwise you get an error 1309 later (like some comments below me). Only mount the first CD.
3) From inside the mounted CD1, start setup.exe and start installation.
4) Once you reach the point where you have to enter a code, unpack and execute the key generator (Chrome_Misc_Win_EN_Key-Generator). Copy that code into the installation window and proceed.
5) When it asks you to change CDs, unmount CD1 by right-clicking on it in explorer and clicking "eject". Then mount CD2 (by using its .cue file) ON THE SAME LETTER than you mounted CD1. This is important, otherwise the game won't recognize it and you get error 1309 ("Error reading file...").
6) When installation is finished, you can also eject CD2. Then install patch 18.104.22.168 with the Chrome_Patch_Win_EN_Patch-1130_v2.exe
7) Then install patch 22.214.171.124 with the Chrome_Patch_Win_EN_Patch-1130_v2-to-1200. It is important to install the patches in that order.
8) Lastly, unpack the Chrome_NoCD_Win_EN_For-Version-1200 and copy the ChromeSingle.exe into the game folder to overwrite the previous .exe
9) Now you can launch the game without disk. For more help like graphics patches etc., you can look in PCGamingWiki.
Enes Borman 2021-02-27 2 points
I have a problem.ı open setup,activate serial key,everything is okay.Until when game reach the program files on CD2,sotup not extract files gave a error.How ı fix this?
Clyde3D 2020-04-03 -14 points
I am not sure which game is more boring. This or it's sequel. I had them and thru them away!
greengo 2020-02-20 -17 points
sigh. again with the iso files. this is frustrating enough without getting a file I can't just download and play. it should be easy enough for you to dl'd the game and save it in its entirety as a straight download, not iso files that we can't get to work without special programs that we might not be able to get to work either.
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Chrome (Windows), read the abandonware guide first!
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Various files to help you run Chrome, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.