Enigma: Rising Tide (Gold Edition)
Windows - 2005
Description of Enigma: Rising Tide (Gold Edition)
Description from the publisher:
The best-selling naval combat and command simulator, Enigma: Rising Tide - Gold Edition features new ships, bonus missions, improved graphics, a gripping soundtrack and more. Novices and serious naval sim players can take command of their WWII fleet and battle their way through intense missions in this one-of-a-kind naval combat and command simulator.
Combining elements from first-person shooters, role-playing and strategy games, Enigma: Rising Tide gives you an exciting and unique multi-styled gaming experience. Add in an ultra-realistic ocean environment, dynamic weather conditions and realistically modeled ships, submarines and aircraft and you have a game like no other.
- Command a wide variety of seagoing war machines, from cruisers and battleships to submarines, as you fight for your nation's supremacy on the waves
- Choose one of the three factions - the United States, Imperial Germany, or the League of Free Nations - and start warring for control of the oceans
- As you ride the waters, you'll pilot armed merchant ships, battleships, cruisers and more -- while avoiding torpedoes and depth charges from your enemies
- Dynamically-assigned missions and realistic ocean effects bring the high seas to life
- Fascinating alternate history will enthrall you as you discover this new world of naval action!
How to play Enigma: Rising Tide (Gold Edition) Windows
This ISO disc image is authorized release of Enigma: Rising Tide Gold, created by Kelly Asay and the Tesseraction dev team and uploaded to SUBSIM community, the forum for fans of naval combat games.
Also, some of the users on the forum had trouble with installing & running the game on Windows 8, 10 and 11, so we made full-rips for all 4 language versions with dgVoodoo included. We haven't changed any settings in dgVoodoo, so if you want to change it - launch dgVoodoo Control Panel (dgVoodooCpl.exe) and select the setting you want (new resolution, antialising, texture filtering, etc.)
The game has been tested on Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 8.1, works with no problem. If you want to play on Windows 10 - use dgVoodoo app for launch, read this guide how to do that. The game with dgVoodoo has been tested on Windows 10, works with no problem
Install & play guide:
- Mount the .ISO disc image. You will need the utility for mounting disc image files, like WinCDEmu, UltraISO, Alcohol 52%/Alcohol 102% or Daemon Tools Lite
- Open the mounted disc, right click on setup.exe - Properties - Compatibility - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows XP" and "Run as administrator"
- As alternative - you can extract files from .ISO image if you have installed WinRAR. Right click on .ISO file -> Extract files. After that just launch the installation with Setup.exe
- Install the game (no need to install the patch, this installer already the latest version of the game)
- Also it is recommended to install DirectX 8 and EnigmaSAPI (Speech recognizing utility) from the disc
- Open the directory with the game and find Enigma.exe. Right click on Enigma.exe - Properties - Compatibility - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows XP"
- Launch the game and play. If the game doesn't work - try to launch the game, then open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del by default) and check for processes Enigma.exe and rundll32.exe. Close Enigma.exe but don't touch rundll32.exe (it's a Windows app for running old apps from 32-bit operational systems, most old games running through rundll32.exe). Now try to launch the game again, it must work. Don't forget to close rundll32.exe process in Task Manager after finishing playing
- If you're using Windows 10 and the game doesn't work - use dgVoodoo app for launch, read this guide how to do that
- The game shouldn't ask for the disc, but if it will - use attached NoCD
- If you have a microphone - you can use it to give your crew voice commands, the game AI can recognize voice commands if you install EnigmaSAPI (Speech recognizing utility) from the disc
Captures and Snapshots
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Enigma: Rising Tide (Gold Edition) (Windows) , read the abandonware guide first!
Download Enigma: Rising Tide (Gold Edition)
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Various files to help you run Enigma: Rising Tide (Gold Edition), apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: