Windows - 1997
Description of Hellfire Windows
Hellfire (aka 暗黑破壞神之煉獄之火) is a video game published in 1997 on Windows by Sierra On-Line, Inc. One of those obscure title!
Hellfire is an addon for Diablo, you will need the original game to play.
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
JD 2019-11-21 0 point
Cant download here... but can from here: https://archive.org/details/Hellfire_Diablo_Expansion_Sierra_1997
Hopefully it works... ;-)
VikMorroHun 2019-05-05 2 points
How to make Hellfire work in Windows 10 64 bit:
- buy Diablo from Gog.com
- Install Diablo, configure DX settings the way you like (recommended video settings: 800x600, 60 Hz)
- download Hellfire ISO from here (which has a .bin and a .cue file)
- mount and install Hellfire ISO using the .cue file
- copy the following files from your Diablo\dx directory to your Hellfire directory: ddraw.dll, dxcfg.exe, dxcfg.ini
- create an ISO image from your installed Diablo directory
- mount the ISO image of Diablo (Hellfire will not work without the Diablo CD)
- download the "Unofficial Patch v1.21" file from https://www.myabandonware.com/game/hellfire-9z8#download
- extract Diablo_Hellfire_121_unofficial_patch\HFfixedsp\HFFsp.exe to your Hellfire directory
- run HFFsp.exe (haven't tried the multiplayer version)
- don't forget to add the command.txt containing "cowquest;theoquest;bardtest;multitest;barbariantest;" into your Hellfire directory :)
If you have 64 bit Windows you can't patch Hellfire to version 1.01 which is required for activating all the hidden content with command.txt.
(Using version 1.21 is not enough.) Thanks to Oracle's virtualization technology all you need to do is download the extracted v1.01 files from https://mega.nz/#!h49h2CbA!nLPB1Cl4GeFjOgdNELtxe43DhO3065iUIreZBTf0HMA and copy them to your Hellfire directory overwriting everything.
If the game crashes:
- download the "Modified ddraw.dll for Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10" from https://www.myabandonware.com/game/diablo-3it#download
- copy the modified ddraw.dll to your Hellfire directory overwriting that file (expect small graphical glitches to happen on screen)
VonHellblazer 2019-03-11 2 points
This is still abandonware as it was published by Sierra On-Line.
Nick 2019-03-10 -1 point
I got Hellfire working just like Diablo gog version.
You just copy paste all the dll files from the gog version over to Hellfire and replace them completely, also copy paste dxfcg.exe and its ini over to Hellfire and enjoy.
I know it doesn't anwser some peoples questions about why there is no gog version of Hellfire, you would have to ask Blizzard themselves. However this lets you play Hellfire (if you own it already) like Diablo gog version since its practically the same game engine.
Vaclav 2019-02-14 0 point
Hello,may I ask whether these Diablos work without that color scree problem? Thank you!
Guswib 2018-12-23 0 point
I couldn't make it work, until I added the Modified ddraw.dll in the Hellfire directory, just the same way to make Diablo work.
Get the Modified ddraw.dll for Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 from the Diablo page linked above.
NeoNito 2018-08-14 -2 points
i have a bin and cue file no ios please help the ppl that dont understand
Kimboz 2018-05-24 2 points
Is it just me or the multiplayer option won't work?
I remember being able to create a multiplayer character even without an active multiplayer connection
No_nonsense_superhero 2018-05-15 4 points
It is 2018... and ya dont know that you're replying to a post that's over 6 months old?
zcwashere 2017-10-15 -1 point
mount the bin file with daemon tools like you would with an iso file then open the mounted dive and click auto setup or setup ither or works
Kruz 2017-10-14 3 points
Have made a step by step guide on how to install:
BaneDDC 2017-09-21 0 point
If you are having trouble installing go to the Diablo download page and check the comments there is a rather indepth tutorial on installing there
someguy 2017-04-02 1 point
use daemon tools it's noobie friendly! awesome site btw! keep up the good work :)
tea hunter 2017-03-11 -5 points
I still see nothing that tells me how to use a .bin file on a Windows XP system. For the Hellfire download.
classicretro 2017-03-06 3 points
for bins and cues you need blind copy and blind write. basicly just other flavors of an iso file
Burdoc101 2017-02-22 -7 points
Trying to install hellfire edition after installing the original diablo, but it seems the ISO file is missing. The only files a part of the download are "HELLFIRE.bin" and "HELLFIRE.cue". Any advice how to use these files would be appreciated.
TrainableBus 2017-02-07 -6 points
I have no idea on what to do with an ISO file, so I could do with some help or even better a rip file
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, give useful links or comment anything you'd like. This game is no longer abandonware, we won't put it back online.
Hellfire is available a small price on the following websites, and is no longer abandonware. GoG.com provide the best releases and does not include DRM, please buy from them! You can read our online store guide.
Game Extras and Resources
Some of these file may not be included in the game stores. For Hellfire, we have the following files:
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: