Windows - 1998
Description of Metro-Police
Here is the video game “Metro-Police”! Released in 1998 on Windows, it's still available and playable with some tinkering. It's an action game, set in a sci-fi / futuristic, shooter and law enforcement themes.
How to play Metro-Police Windows
This game was made available by old-games.ru member Tigoro, here's a translation of his work:
Distribution of the game outside of Germany was impossible (although there are rumors about a French version) - it is initially installed only in German (!) Windows. If we add to this the presence of Laserlock protection (which is also very buggy in this game) and impassability without an official patch (already in the second mission there will be a critical bug), it turns out that it was impossible to launch this game until December 2015 in any way and anywhere ( even on the same German OS - the game was installed, but did not work because of the protection). Since they work with anything at Old-Games.ru, even with this one, the game was fixed - Tigoro took over the work .
What was done:
- installation of the game on the German OS ;
- destruction of LaserLock protection ;
- patching to the latest version and weaning from the disk.
Old-games.ru posted the full-rip. Normal performance, however, is guaranteed only in principle, but not in specific conditions: the game, in addition to national limitations, is full of compatibility problems with modern (and even not very modern) configurations and OS. Through tests, we managed to find the DXWnd settings for Windows 7 x64 acceptable for most modern computers:
- First, set the "Properties" of the game executable file ( mp.exe ) to be compatible with Windows 2000.
- Then run DXWnd, select "add", add the path to the executable file of the game on your computer and in the settings for launching it through the program, specify the following in the settings:
- On the Compatibility tab : Compatibility with Windows 2000 is required;
- On the Main tab : Hook enabled; Run in Window; Hook all DLLs (some of these items already exist);
- On the Video tab : Fix Windows Frame in D3D (should be there by default); Win7 Color Fix (the rest of the affixed remains untouched);
- On the DirectX tab : DirectX 7 (the rest of the affixed remains untouched);
- On the Direct3D tab : Clean ZBuffer 1.0fix, Fix ddraw refcount (this is immediately worth it) (the rest of the affixed remains untouched).
To run the game, you need the latest version of the program at the moment - 2.0.48 (you can get it in the "Files" section of the site).
If the game still does not start, try the following changes in the DXWnd settings:
- Replace Windows 2000 compatibility with Windows XP SP3 compatibility;
- On the Compatibility tab of the program, also change the compatibility to Windows XP SP3;
- On the DirectX tab, replace the 7th one with automatic detection (the latter can be very relevant for running the game on Windows 10).
Even with these settings, although the game generally works fine, there may be some graphical glitches: for example, a partially corrupted water palette or the invisibility of certain character model textures. If you are unable to launch the game with any combination of DXWnd settings, try the PCem emulator.
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Metro-Police (Windows) , read the abandonware guide first!
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!