Windows - 1998
Description of Panzer Commander
If you haven't played Panzer Commander or want to try this simulation video game, download it now for free! Published in 1998 by Strategic Simulations, Inc., Panzer Commander was an above-average world war ii title in its time.
Comments and reviews
AKSHAY 2020-12-12 1 point
Got this to run on Windows 10. You need a few things:
1. A Generic Win32 installer. Get it from here: https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/111-installshield-3-32-bit-generic-installer/
2. Dxwnd: Get it from here - https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/
3. dd wrapper. Get it from here - http://bitpatch.com/ddwrapper.html
4. The patch 1.3 given on this site
To install -
1. Mount the ISO. Copy all the contents of the mounted drive and create a new folder somewhere on your computer. Paste all the files here
2. Paste the Generic 32 bit installer in this folder. Double-click and install
3. Run the patch
4. Unzip the ddwrapper and paste its contents in the install directory.
5. Extract dxwnd SOMEWHERE ELSE (not in the install folder)
6. Launch dxwnd. Edit-Add-Enter any name you want-Path-Select the game's exe file-I/O-Hide empty CDROM drivers-Timing-Select Limit and Limit 3D begin scene-delay: 30-OK
7. Now run the game by double-clicking on the Panzer commander icon in dxwnd
**ALL STEPS ARE IMPORTANT**
agathosdaimon 2020-05-17 2 points
@otto were you unable to install it? i was able to install it on Windows 10 but switching off my Antivirus and copying the cd contents to a folder and then sticking a generic installshield 32bit version installer in the folder.
no i have it installed, i noticed it doesnt like the cdrom drive to be empty so if you used dxwnd you can set in the i/o section to "hide empty drives option" and the game works. - it all looks good except the tank turret textures have that weird inside out look - there should be a way to fix this, just got to spend some more time with it
Otto 2019-02-12 1 point
Too bad, i made one, two... cd rom with the img burned in it, and none worked; So the ISO file does not work.
The command line parameters are not simple to follow for beginners.
I spent a long evening to try to fix it, with no avail. (it seems to be a windows file, not a dos one.)
Good bye Panzer! I'll look for something else, Too bad, I still have the manual.
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Panzer Commander (Windows), read the abandonware guide first!
Download Panzer Commander
No file available as requester by the IP owner. Stay tuned for a Steam or GOG realease!
Various files to help you run Panzer Commander, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.