Windows - 2009
Description of Saw
Description from the publisher:
Jigsaw has killed your partner and destroyed your life. Now he has trapped you in an abandoned insane asylum that he alone controls. If you can defeat his brutal traps and survive, you may just discover the truth behind what drives this twisted serial killer.
SAW is a third-person perspective, survival horror game based on the SAW film franchise, which has grossed more than $665M worldwide and sold more than 28 million DVDs. The game features many of the deadly mechanical traps seen in the film, as well as terrifying new ones. Players will pit their wits against Jigsaw as they navigate his world in an attempt to evade and escape his gruesome traps, while also struggling against his minions in brutal combat by using weapons found within the environment.
SAW, the video game, is based on a treatment from Zombie Studios and the creators of the SAW franchise, Leigh Whannell and James Wan. The timeline for the game takes place between the movies: SAW and SAW II, giving the game its own story, yet fitting within the narratives of the movies. The story centers on Detective David Tapp who awakens in a decrepit, abandoned asylum. He has been captured by his longtime nemesis, Jigsaw. Obsessed with catching this serial killer, Tapp’s mission has consumed him and ruined his family, resulting in divorce, mental imbalance, and abandonment. Worse yet, this frantic hunt destroyed Tapp’s career while he watched his long-time friend and partner get killed by one of Jigsaw’s traps.
Now Jigsaw has the upper hand and has captured the detective. Tapp must play a deadly game—the likes of which he has been investigating for years—to escape, and in order to do so he must survive the lethal traps and puzzles that Jigsaw has put in place for him and others. But each victim has a dark connection to Tapp. Will Tapp save them? Can he survive his obsession to find the Jigsaw killer?
How to play Saw Windows
Repacks has full game content but some non-gameplay videos (intros, credits, developer diaries, demo videos) may have been deleted to reduce the size of the installer
Install & play guide:
- Mount the disc image. You will need the utility for mounting disc image files, like WinCDEmu, UltraISO, Alcohol 52%/Alcohol 102% or Daemon Tools Lite
- If you're installing the repack - simply click on setup.exe
- Install the game
- Also it is recommended to install DirectX, PhysX, OpenAL, Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2005 - 2010 and Microsoft .NET Framework
- Optionally install NoDVD
- Launch the game and play. If the game doesn't run - open the directory with the game and find SawGame.exe. Right click on SawGame.exe - Properties - Compatibility - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7".
- The game has been tested on Windows 7 64-bit, works fine
- The game supports Vsync and resolutions like 1366x768 but you will not find the settings in menu. If you can't find desired resolution in Options or want to enable Vsync - setup it manually through .ini-file, for instructions check PCGamingWiki page
- If game shows error during launch - try to do next steps: delete the game, delete PhysX, after that install the game again but this time don't install PhysX. Then try to launch the game from desktop shortcut, it should work
- Also - it is recommended to update sound card drivers and reduce sound quality to 48000Hz or less (the game has been verified to work at 24 bit, 44100 Hz). For more technical details check this thread
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
rollback 2022-10-08 0 point
download and installation worked for me, but i get no sound no matter what i try to do :(
GvM/2k9-UCrest 2022-02-24 1 point
Saw (2009) PC-DVD [Alternative]
Installation: (for Windows10 (x86-x64)
1. Mount the DVD-ROM image with Daemon Tools or similar programs.
2. Inside the DVD-ROM go to the folder ''_CommonRedist''. Open and go to the folder ''PhysX''. Install the program ''PhysX_9.09.0814_SystemSoftware.exe''.
3. Return to the ''_CommonRedist'' folder. Open and go to the folder ''DirectXRedist''. Install the program ''DXSETUP.exe''.
4. Exit to the main path of the DVD-ROM and go to the ''Data'' folder. Install the program ''Setup.exe''. If you are prompted to reinstall ''DXSETUP.exe'' and ''PhysX_9.09.0814_SystemSoftware.exe'', do not do so. Click cancel in both cases.
5. Go to Sound Settings / Sound Control Panel / Select speakers then properties / under Properties go to Advanced Options and select the 16bit, 48000 HZ (DVD quality) option.
6. Non-CD patch not included.
Note: You need to use a nocd patch to be able to play.
8. *Alternative Reg-FIX (in the page)
PCGAMER90 2022-02-08 0 point
Hey, thanks a lot for the info. :) In regards to Cursed Mountain, I saw that it is on Amazon but was hesitant about the download part. Tried to find the thing on DVD on PC since it was ported in Europe from the Wii, but no such luck with my local retailers. Oh well, I will keep searching. Cheers!
nobody 2022-02-08 0 point
as to cursed mountain you can still buy it as a download on amazon though it does say that it's only in us, how does that work exactly is beyond my knowladge though
as to x-men yeah i got nothing officially, i actually sended it to them through email recently so they may upload that sometime
so you can either try to get hands on disc version for those or just download it online
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Saw (Windows), read the abandonware guide first!
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Various files to help you run Saw, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: