Windows - 2002
Description of Hero X
If you haven't played Hero X or want to try this role-playing (rpg) video game, download it now for free! Published in 2002 by Atari Europe S.A.S.U., Infogrames, Inc., Hero X was an above-average sci-fi / futuristic title in its time.
How to play Hero X Windows
The game with patch and NoCD and fixes has been tested on Windows 7-64 bit and Windows 10, works fine. You may experience some small troubles when you play the game on modern systems, check our Guide and Notes for details
Install & play guide:
- Mount the disc image. You will need the utility for mounting disc image files, like WinCDEmu, UltraISO, Alcohol 52%/Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools Lite
- Install the game (if autorun doesn't work - simply launch the installation from Setup.exe inside the disc)
- Also it is recommended to install DirectX 8.1 from the disc (if you're using Windows 10 - enable DirectPlay, read this or this guide how to do it)
- Once you installed the game - install the patch
- After that install NoCD (simply copy Hero.exe from the archive and put it into directory with installed game, agree to replace original file)
- Open the directory with the game and find Hero.exe. Right click on Hero.exe - Properties - Compatibility - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows XP" and "Run as administrator"
- Launch the game and play. If the game doesn't work in compatibility mode with Windows XP - try to launch it in compatibility mode with other version of Windows (98, 2000 or Vista)
- If the installation doesn't start - try to launch Setup.exe in compatibility mode with old version of Windows (98, 2000 or XP)
- The game doesn't have any DRM protection, simple disc check, so you don't have to worry about strict DRM protection that can break your system
- The game works on DirectX 8, so if you're using Windows 8, 8.1, 10 or 11 - you need to enable DirectPlay: Go to Control Panel, and select 'Programs'. Select 'Turn Windows features on and off', click on 'Legacy Components' and check the box 'DirectPlay'. Select OK, once the installation is done, restart your computer
- Some users are having problem with broken fonts, especially if they install the game not for the first time. The solution is to clear the registry & delete all information about previous installation, also try to install DirectX 9.0c. If you already have installed DirectX 9 - delete it and install again; it should resolve fonts problem
- If you have two or more displays configuration - disable all additional displays, leave only one display. The game doesn't support multi-display configurations and you will see different visual glitches & bugs
- If the game doesn't work - try to put additional libraries in game directory, it should help you to run the game on modern systems
- If it didn't help - run the game through DxWnd, check this thread for more details. If you're using Windows 10 64-bit - it is recommended to run the game through DxWnd in Windowed mode, for more stable work
- If none of the methods help - run the game on Virtual Machine with old Windows, like Windows XP 32-bit
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
There is no comment nor review for this game at the moment.
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Hero X (Windows) , read the abandonware guide first!
Download Hero X
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Various files to help you run Hero X, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: