Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run
Windows - 2009
Description of Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run
If you haven't played Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run or want to try this racing / driving video game, download it now for free! Published in 2009 by Noviy Disk, TGC - The Games Company GmbH, Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run (aka Spy Hunter: Некуда бежать) was an above-average combat vehicules title in its time.
How to play Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run Windows
The game with NoDVD has been tested on Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 10, works okay. The game supports widescreen. Also, the game probably will crush at first launch but then it should work fine, read our Notes
The ISO version on our website is DVD from German release so it has the German installer, but the game installs with 5 languages: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish. If you can't figure out how to install it - use our Full-Rip (with 5 languages) or repack by MasterEGA (English only)
Install & play guide (for ISO version):
- Mount the ISO disc image of DVD. You will need the utility for mounting disc image files, like WinCDEmu, UltraISO, Alcohol 52%/Alcohol 102% or Daemon Tools Lite
- Install the game (if it doesn't run - simply launch the installation from Setup.exe inside the disc, run it in compatibility mode with old Windows (Windows 98, 2000 or XP).
- Also it is recommended to install DirectX 9 from the disc (if you're using Windows 10 - enable DirectPlay, read this or this guide how to do it)
- Optionally install NoDVD (simply copy wspy3D.exe from the archive and replace the original file inside the game folder)
- Open the directory with the game and find wspy3D.exe and wspy3DInit.exe. Right click on both exe-files - Properties - Compatibility - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows XP SP3" and "Run as administrator"
- Launch the game and play. If the game doesn't work - try to launch the game, then open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del by default) and check for processes wspy3D.exe and rundll32.exe. Close wspy3D.exe but don't touch rundll32.exe (it's a Windows app for running old apps from 32-bit operational systems, most old games running through rundll32.exe). Now try to launch the game again, it must work. Don't forget to close rundll32.exe process in Task Manager after finishing playing
- If the installation doesn't start - try to launch Setup.exe in compatibility mode with old version of Windows (98, 2000 or XP)
- It is highly recommended to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for the correct work of the game
- The game works on DirectX 9, so if you're using Windows 8, 8.1, 10 or 11 - you need to enable DirectPlay: Go to Control Panel, and select 'Programs'. Select 'Turn Windows features on and off', click on 'Legacy Components' and check the box 'DirectPlay'. Select OK, once the installation is done, restart your computer
- If you want to change the game language or select graphics settings - run the game launcher through wspy3DInit.exe
- If the game doesn't work in compatibility mode with Windows XP SP3 - try other compatibility settings (with Windows XP SP2, Windows 2000, etc.)
- The game may freeze at the first launch, it is unkown bug. In that case close the game through Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del). After that the game will be working fine when you run it next time
- Also, if you still have troubles with freezing - right click on both wspy3D.exe and wspy3DInit.exe - Properties - Compatibility - Check "Disable fullscreen optimizations"
- The game supports widescreen but it's not "real" widescreen but just stretched 4:3 resolution. There's currently no fix for it, unfortunately
- If you have troubles with running the game on modern systems - you can try to run it through dgVoodoo (copy the dll-files from the MS/x86 folder, dgVoodooCpl.exe and dgVoodoo.conf to the game folder, then launch the game from wspy3D.exe; you can change dgVoodoo settings in dgVoodooCpl.exe). The game with dgVoodoo has been tested on Windows 7 64-bit laptop with AMD video card, works with no problem (please note that dgVoodoo doesn't work on Intel graphics cards)
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run (Windows) , read the abandonware guide first!
Download Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Various files to help you run Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: