The Godfather: The Game
Windows - 2006
Description of The Godfather: The Game
Description from the publisher:
The Godfather puts you into the action of the legendary films, while you relive the defining moments of the Corleone family. After a life of small-time jobs and petty thefts, you are accepted into the Corleone family -- America's most famous criminal organization. It's up to you to carry out orders, earn respect and make New York City your own. Featuring the voices of James Caan and Robert Duvall and the likeness of Marlon Brando
- Presents classic moments from the movies and original missions alongside memorable characters from the film
- Non-linear action-adventure gameplay -- countless choices for solving the family's problems with brutal violence, skillful diplomacy, or a cunning mixture of both
- From mob hits and bank heists to drive-bys and extortion, you'll need a talent for intimidation and negotiation - these are your tickets to the top
- Use loyalty and fear to earn respect through interactions with characters in the world
- Decisions you make will have lasting consequences, just as it was in the mob underworld from the Godfather films
How to play The Godfather: The Game Windows
VirusTotal check showed 5 warnings for NoDVD for US version and 44 warnings for NoDVD for EU version. Also, Controller support fix by Greavesy showed moderate warnings. Files should be safe to use, but still, for 100% safety you can use Virtual Machine to play the game.
The game with SilentPatch, widescreen fix and NoDVD has been tested on Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 10, works okay. We recommend to use US version of the game, because European version has some troubles with launch on modern systems, read our Notes
Install & play guide:
- Mount the ISO disc image of DVD. You will need the utility for mounting disc image files, like WinCDEmu, UltraISO, Alcohol 52%/Alcohol 102% or Daemon Tools Lite
- Install the game (if it doesn't run - simply launch the installation from Autorun.exe inside the disc, run it in compatibility mode with Windows XP).
- Skip the registration at the start, click on "Register later"
- Also it is recommended to install DirectX 9 from the disc (if you're using Windows 10 - enable DirectPlay, read this or this guide how to do it)
- After that install NoDVD (simply copy godfather.exe from the archive and replace the original file inside the game folder). There are several NoCDs inside the archive, check out our Notes
- Optionally install Widescreen fix by ThirteenAG
- Then install SilentPatch (unfortunately, SilentPatch works only on US version, read our Notes)
- Open the directory with the game and find godfather.exe. Right click on godfather.exe - Properties - Compatibility - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows XP" and "Run as administrator"
- Launch the game and play. If the game doesn't work - try to launch the game, then open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del by default) and check for processes godfather.exe and rundll32.exe. Close godfather.exe but don't touch rundll32.exe (it's a Windows app for running old apps from 32-bit operational systems, most old games running through rundll32.exe). Now try to launch the game again, it must work. Don't forget to close rundll32.exe process in Task Manager after finishing playing
Long story short - first install the game, then NoDVD, Widescreen fix and Silent Patch (in that order). If you stuck - you can use PC Fix Pack by Mafia Videos, that pack includes all needed files
- If the installation doesn't start - try to launch Autorun.exe in compatibility mode with old version of Windows (98, 2000 or XP)
- If none of serial keys is working - use multikeygen for EA games. Don't worry, it is safe to use, even though it shows a lot of warnings on VirusTotal
- NoDVD is required for the launch because the game is using SafeDisc DRM protection, which doesn't work correctly on modern systems. That NoDVD "breaks" DRM protection and allows the game to work on modern systems. If you're installed European version of the game and NoDVD for it doesn't work - try to use NoDVD for US version, it must be compatible
- The game has problem with in-game videos, especially on modern systems; usually the game crashes after intro videos. In order to play the game on modern systems - install SilentPatch (just copypaste files into the game directory)
- SilentPatch was programmed for US version of the game, so it works only with US godfather.exe
- If you want to play any of European versions of the game on modern systems - remove "Movies" folder from the game or rename it to "_Movies", that way there will be no intro videos and the game won't crash. As alternative - you can try to play the game on Virtual Machine with Windows XP
- If you want to install both Widescreen fix and SilentPatch - first install NoDVD, then Widescreen fix, and only then install SilentPatch (agree to replace dinput8.dll). Check Widescreen fix page for more details
- By default the game's framerate is capped at 30 fps, you can use SilentPatch or modified by WSGF Community exe-files to uncap framerate lock
- To change FPS Limit in SilentPatch - open and edit SilentPatchGF.ini
- NoDVD for US version comes in 4 variants - standard exe-file that "breaks" DRM, and 3 other versions modified by WSGF Community: with lock on 30 fps, 60 fps and unlimited fps. If you're going to play with SilentPatch and Widescreen fix - you can use standard NoDVD
- Controller support fix by Greavesy adds support for Xbox One and PS4 gamepads but we didn't test it. Also that fix showed some moderate warning rate on VirusTotal, here's the report. So if you're worrying - you can add gamepad support manually by editing ini-files, here's the instructions
- Don't forget to check PCGamingWiki page, it is very useful
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
A 2022-12-05 1 point
Thank you for reply.
No, enabled DirectPlay didn't help. I tried dgVoodoo as well, nothing changed.
The path I installed didn't have any Chinese character.
Then I went to US Version and applied all patches, the game worked.
admin 2022-12-04 0 point
@A so it worked? If it didn't work - try to install the game from original discs (install guide in instructions). Also, you can try to run the game with dgVoodoo http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2/ (simply copy dgVoodooCpl, dgVoodoo.conf and dll-files from MS/x86 to Godfather game directory, then launch the game from godfather.exe; note that this method won't work with Intel graphics card)
And if you have Windows 10 Family Chinese Edition - maybe the trouble is that the installation path has Chinese symbols, try to install the game in another directory checking that installation path is on English only (i.e. C:/Games/The Godfather). Many games has problems if there are characters in languages other than English in the installation path. Same for savegame folder - the path to it must be English only (i.e. C:/User/"Username"/My Documents/GF)
A 2022-12-03 0 point
Hi, I checked just now, I enabled DirectPlay and had dplayx.dll in C:\Windows\SysWOW64m folder (forgot mention this last time)
admin 2022-12-03 0 point
@ARHUM We know about that problem, this week we launched new North America server and soon we will launch new Europe server. For now my recommendation is to use download managers for big files
Arhum 2022-12-02 1 point
The servers on this site is in serious need of an upgrade. The download speeds are unbearably slow. Thanks for the upload admin!
admin 2022-12-02 0 point
Make sure that you have DirectPlay enabled, old DirectX 9 games doesn't work on Windows 10 without DirectPlay, here's the guide how to turn it on https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Troubleshooting_guide/Startup_and_launching_problems#DirectPlay_games_do_not_work_or_prompt_for_DirectPlay_feature.2FDLL
A 2022-12-01 0 point
Downloaded file: Repack by MagiPack
Installed OS: Windows 10 Family Chinese Edition
DX: installed directx_Jun2010_redist, restarted after installation
Clicked game icon on desktop, nothing happened (tried Windows XP Compatibility)
OK MILLENIAL 2022-11-30 -2 points
This may be one of my greatest mistakes. I was in an absolute hype about The Godfather and bought the collector edition of this game. The game had also some kind of turf conquering system that made the game look complex but ends up being pretty brain-dead.
Is worse than bad: Is average. Not buggy enough to have some funny with glitches. The gameplay wasn't terrible yet also pretty plain. Rather than a watered GTA, I will call it a GTA 3 remake floating in a swimming-pool.
The game will not give you any trauma, but neither will give you anything memorable aside from the clip of the first movie. So there is nothing to risk yet barely anything to gain.
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run The Godfather: The Game (Windows), read the abandonware guide first!
Download The Godfather: The Game
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Various files to help you run The Godfather: The Game, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.