Windows - 2003
Also available on: Mac
Description of Spy Hunter
In 2003, Aspyr Media, Inc., Electronic Arts Ltda. publishes Spy Hunter on Windows. Also published on Mac, this racing / driving game is abandonware and is set in an arcade, flight, motorcycle, naval, shooter, spy / espionage, licensed title, automobile and combat vehicules themes.
How to play Spy Hunter Windows
The game with NoCD has been tested on Windows 7 64-bit, works fine. The game doesn't work on Windows 8 and newer systems without additional utilities, read PCGamingWiki guide how to launch the game on modern systems. Also, read our Notes
Install & play guide:
- Mount the disc image. You will need the utility for mounting disc image files, like WinCDEmu, UltraISO, Alcohol 52%/Alcohol 102% or Daemon Tools Lite
- Now open the disc in virtual drive, right click on Autorun.exe - Properties - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows XP SP2" and "Run as administrator". After that open "Windows" folder and do the same with setup.exe (right click - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows XP SP3" and "Run as administrator")
- Install the game using serial key
- Optionally install NoCD (simply copy SpyHunter.exe from the archive and replace the original file inside the game folder)
- Open the directory with the game and find SpyHunter.exe. Right click on SpyHunter.exe - Properties - Compatibility - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows XP SP2" and "Run as administrator"
- Launch the game and play. If the game doesn't work - try to launch the game, then open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del by default) and check for processes SpyHunter.exe and rundll32.exe. Close SpyHunter.exe but don't touch rundll32.exe (it's a Windows app for running old apps from 32-bit operational systems, most old games running through rundll32.exe). Now try to launch the game again, it must work. Don't forget to close rundll32.exe process in Task Manager after finishing playing
- If the installer shows Fatal Application Error - This Application has Unexpectedly Quit - run Autorun.exe and Setup.exe in compatibility mode with Windows XP SP2 and as administrator, check this guide for more info
- It is highly recommended to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for the correct work of the game
- If you have troubles with in-game music or video - install RAD Video Tools, also we recommend to install K-Lite Codec Pack
- If you have troubles with running the game on modern systems - you can try to run it through dgVoodoo (copy the dll-files from the MS/x86 folder, dgVoodooCpl.exe and dgVoodoo.conf to the game folder, then launch the game from SpyHunter.exe; you can change dgVoodoo settings in dgVoodooCpl.exe). The game with dgVoodoo has been tested on Windows 7 64-bit laptop with AMD video card, works with no problem (please note that dgVoodoo doesn't work on Intel graphics cards)
- As alternative - you can run the game through WineD3D, read this guide for more information
- Don't forget to check PCGamingWiki page if you have troubles, it is very useful!
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
There is no comment nor review for this game at the moment.
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Spy Hunter (Windows) , read the abandonware guide first!
Download Spy Hunter
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Various files to help you run Spy Hunter, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.
- Year: 2003
- Publisher: Aspyr Media, Inc.
- Developer: Paradigm Entertainment Inc.
Visit MacintoshGarden page for more details and instruction how to launch Mac version
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: